Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sco77w

Advice on collecting firearms needed

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

are there any collectors here that can give me some guidance?

im a big shotgun fan and have several but over the last 4 or 5 years I've developed a particular interest in combat shotguns or ones that have been used by the military and police around the world. 

The vast majority of these have barrels that would deem them a S5 but my interest is in the type of gun, the manufacturer and operation so UK legal Sec 1 or even 2 (to a lesser degree) I find acceptable. 

I already have an 870, a M37DSPS and an 1897 but want to expand the collection with maybe 4 or 5 already high on my wish list. 

My question is, is it feasible to collect this type of firearm in the uk and are there any collectors out there with similar collections that could offer advice that aren't RFDs. I really don't want to bother my FLO at the moment as I'm sure he's mad busy inundated with applications from lunatic preppers wanting to buy Glocks and AKs. 

TIA. 

Edited by Sco77w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest you cannot collect these items, only use them I/E combat shooting. on a section 1. some forces may differ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collecting can certainly provide "good reason" for acquiring a sect 1 shotgun as per other s1 firearms. I was shown a Winchester Model 11 12 bore that was part of a wider collection of winchesters recently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I collect mainly Ithaca’s with a few other pumps and autos that I have traded. Held predominantly on S2 , the only niggle is sending in the SGC every now and then to update it. 

And not having enough money or cabinet space!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, theshootist said:

Collecting can certainly provide "good reason" for acquiring a sect 1 shotgun as per other s1 firearms. I was shown a Winchester Model 11 12 bore that was part of a wider collection of winchesters recently. 

On that basis are you actually allowed to shoot one if you have it purely on collecting as your good reason? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

On that basis are you actually allowed to shoot one if you have it purely on collecting as your good reason? 

 

You would likely have a secondary condition saying that the S1 Shotgun may be used for, e.g. clay pigeon shooting. 

Best to start with a conversation with your FLO. Collecting will not be a new good reason for your FLO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, theshootist said:

You would likely have a secondary condition saying that the S1 Shotgun may be used for, e.g. clay pigeon shooting. 

Best to start with a conversation with your FLO. Collecting will not be a new good reason for your FLO. 

Thank you, I'm going to look into my firearms ticket later this year so I'll bear it in mind for then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...