After this ...changes ??

mad1

16 hours ago, Deker said:

Similar here, I've already been avoiding Virgin and will continue to do so but the main change will be trying to buy less from the cheaper Chinese suppliers on eBay and paying a bit extra (for a usually better product) from a seller closer to home, although most of my shooting & reloading stuff is USA based so they'll still get support too (via UK dealers)

Good point, over the years I have had enough hobbies to learn the hard way that if you buy cheap you often buy more than once!

Mixed feelings about Virgin for me, after pretty shoddy experiences with BA a few years ago I leaned more towards Virgin. Truth is the gulf state (and others) airlines are head and shoulders above both for long haul travel, or at least they were, who knows going forward 😕 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wholeheartedly. My recent experiences of BA are that they are no better than the budget airlines. At the end of Feb I had to travel to Atlanta and Virgin is/was the only airline to fly Manchester/ATL direct, so booked with them. Wow, what a difference - cabin crew laughing and joking as we boarded and service throughout the flight (Prem Econ) was superb. Couldn't have asked for more. Its true that many non-European airlines offer even better but the Virgin experience pleasantly surprised me.

After the crisis, competition will likely be fierce and those that up their game will benefit, as I hope, we do too.