After this ...changes ??

mad1

46 minutes ago, Mice! said:

@oldypigeonpopper & @islandgun they sound like great things to do.

cheers

26 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I’m thinking all these ideas and ideals are a bit like New Years Resolution, Few months down the line and we will be back to our same old habits!

We are after all, creatures of habit......

Time to break with habit 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, islandgun said:

cheers

Time to break with habit 

Easier said than done.

How many times have people said “ I’m doing x or y” only for a month or two down the line said “ oh that! I gave it up” or “ I couldn’t keep it up” 

25 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Easier said than done.

How many times have people said “ I’m doing x or y” only for a month or two down the line said “ oh that! I gave it up” or “ I couldn’t keep it up”

Agreed.  It will also be interesting to see how many voices are still calling out for all the "there should be this...there should be that..." services to be put in place, whether it increased benefits, increased pay for for care workers, etc when the actual costs of all of this "should be..." are revealed.

If in the next election a party says 10% increase in income tax for everyone to pay for all these things that you want, how many will put their X in the box?

I'll be actively looking for a new girlfriend the other side of this, without to much baggage that can put up with/share my strange rural ways! Recently single (again) and being home alone for the foreseeable future no fun.😉. . . .  Plus side is, i haven't got no one else to worry about or provide for! Cooking for one is carp tho and the bed is to big and cold.      NB

5 hours ago, bluesj said:

Hopefully people will look back and think maybe we should try to be more self sufficient as a country and more prepared as individuals. It costs next to nothing to have a little spare food in the house. we had a power cut here for a few hour a few weeks ago I ended up supplying half the street with candles, torches and hot water for a cup of tea. 

We now had a glimpse of what can happen with globalisation, yes you can get what you need from anywhere around the world right up to the point the country selling it need it as well! That is not to say we should shut our selves off 

That`s the big issue,we need to get away from globalisation asap.I know we have to rely on other countries for much of our needs but we have to stop exploiting other peoples workers to achieve cheaper products for ourselves.....

10 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

I'll be actively looking for a new girlfriend the other side of this, without to much baggage that can put up with/share my strange rural ways! Recently single (again) and being home alone for the foreseeable future no fun.😉. . . .  Plus side is, i haven't got no one else to worry about or provide for! Cooking for one is carp tho and the bed is to big and cold.      NB

hello, can only wish you well with that NB :good:

10 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Haven’t you got a dog 🤔

golden retriever perfect for warming the bed and eating the rejects that I manage to cook 🤭

15 minutes ago, matone said:

That`s the big issue,we need to get away from globalisation asap.I know we have to rely on other countries for much of our needs but we have to stop exploiting other peoples workers to achieve cheaper products for ourselves.....

That would be good, but everyone is too used to clicking the mouse and what they want arriving,  far too dependent on things being made abroad these days.

35 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Buy ready meals and an electric blanket .... sorted!  :whistling:

6 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Look at some of the posts on "Doesn't Look Good" thread. 😉  I shall not be doing mail order!!    NB

hello,  well how ever you decide to find a new find a new partner i can only wish you well:good:  maybe we should start a PW lonely hearts 😄

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

55 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Agreed.  It will also be interesting to see how many voices are still calling out for all the "there should be this...there should be that..." services to be put in place, whether it increased benefits, increased pay for for care workers, etc when the actual costs of all of this "should be..." are revealed.

If in the next election a party says 10% increase in income tax for everyone to pay for all these things that you want, how many will put their X in the box?

ive always said that id be happy to pay more tax , my only concern would be that it would be wasted (and we all know that it would) . that extra 10% would get directed into , wage increases for mps , more hospital managers , etc etc , we wouldnt see a single extra nurse in our hospitals , or an extra police officer walking the beat.

I'd love one of the rabid remainers to explain to me at this point how globalization has been a great thing for the nation.

I seriously hope this wakes a few people up to the faults with the way this and most of the western world is now run, it rewards the greedy corporations at the expense of the working masses.

3 minutes ago, Cheshirelad said:

Buy ready meals and an electric blanket .... sorted! 

Ready meals horrible things! Apart from the must have staple "The Fray Bentos stake and kidney pie". I like cooking. Bit of a prepper like a lot of rural folk. Turned the 40 odd pigeons i shot last weekend in to mince. Most versatile easy thing in the coming weeks. Freezers full of wild food/game and have always loved the barter system when i comes to food and drink. Surprising what a few pigeons pheasant and an odd rabbit can get ya. Ant been shopping for over 2 weeks. Tho out of fruit and getting low on veg cereal and the dreaded TP.  . . . Electric blankets are dangerous!  . .So are many of the women i have had! But that's how i like em!😉    NB

1 hour ago, NatureBoy said:

FWB all the fun without the baggage it’s brilliant 

4 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Not my type!😉 Tho he's not far away and good with his hands.     NB

drop him a pm , i reckon he could build you a machine that could do everything that a woman could do :yes:

to replace my mrs , id just need a microwave with a fog horn attached :lol: 

Edited by mel b3

21 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

ive always said that id be happy to pay more tax , my only concern would be that it would be wasted (and we all know that it would) . that extra 10% would get directed into , wage increases for mps , more hospital managers , etc etc , we wouldnt see a single extra nurse in our hospitals , or an extra police officer walking the beat.

Some would willingly pay more taxes Mel and some say they would until they realise what it means they can no longer do or buy.  It's just basic human nature.

You are right however, more taxes wouldn't necessarily mean more of things that we think important.