Is this the end of life 2.0?

Raja Clavata

40 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I might have it wrong but I don't see that as precious snowflake behaviour, which I would characterise in the circumstances to be "you can't infringe on my human rights to go out and meet my friends etc." 

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Maybe its just my belief that this whole situation is massively blown out of proportion for reasons unknown.
Listening to some people, its like lockdown and its implementation narrowly avoided a human extinction event :lol:

I cant complain personally, Ive done very well out of it, but I do fear for the next time this sort of thing happens, whether it be more lethal or not.

Imagine something like this happens next year, do we lock down again , pay everyones wages again, dish out government money like theres no tomorrow ?
Will the next generation have to get used to the fact that they may not get the life they envisioned, the job they dreamed of ?
Will we over react at the slightest cough or runny nose, and shut down industry and the economy at the first sign, like MANY are saying we should have done ?
How can any nation sustain that ?

It wont be life 3.0 we will be moving onto, it will be life 1.5 we will be heading BACK to.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I tell you something, this ain't a rehearsal, do not bother your tiny minds about this mumbo jumbo, get out there and enjoy every single second you have because the older you get the faster it goes.  I'm fast approaching my eigtieth year and wake every morning with a plan and that plan is to enjoy every single second of that day come what may.  I see so many young people, 30s and 40s walking around with chins on the floor. They want a serious kick up the backside and get out there and do something other than stare at a big screen trolling out utter garbage all day.   Sorry, I have to leave you now, I have squirrels to kill, then a fox or two this evening.

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Can I tell you something, this ain't a rehearsal, do not bother your tiny minds about this mumbo jumbo, get out there and enjoy every single second you have because the older you get the faster it goes.  I'm fast approaching my eigtieth year and wake every morning with a plan and that plan is to enjoy every single second of that day come what may.  I see so many young people, 30s and 40s walking around with chins on the floor. They want a serious kick up the backside and get out there and do something other than stare at a big screen trolling out utter garbage all day.   Sorry, I have to leave you now, I have squirrels to kill, then a fox or two this evening.

Excellent advice :good:

45 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Maybe its just my belief that this whole situation is massively blown out of proportion for reasons unknown.
Listening to some people, its like lockdown and its implementation narrowly avoided a human extinction event 

I cant complain personally, Ive done very well out of it, but I do fear for the next time this sort of thing happens, whether it be more lethal or not.

Imagine something like this happens next year, do we lock down again , pay everyones wages again, dish out government money like theres no tomorrow ?
Will the next generation have to get used to the fact that they may not get the life they envisioned, the job they dreamed of ?
Will we over react at the slightest cough or runny nose, and shut down industry and the economy at the first sign, like MANY are saying we should have done ?
How can any nation sustain that ?

It wont be life 3.0 we will be moving onto, it will be life 1.5 we will be heading BACK to.

With you 100%. Perversely I've done rather well out of it too 👍

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Very well said and my sentiments exactly 👍 Oh, and good luck with your shooting exploits, especially with the tree rats 🤞

19 hours ago, Walker570 said:

My sentiments entirely.   I'm slightly ahead of you on the age front (81 next month) and enjoy life to the full.   I am a carer for the Memsahib, no help at the moment due isolation, but still manage to get out stalking for a couple of hours now and then.   I walk the dog for a few miles every day rain, hail or shine then 'pump the iron' for thirty minutes.   (Not so weighty as I used to manage but still reasonably).  I have so many hobbies that I can't possibly fit them all in.   Lots of work for the RBL - all the time.   Do my own garden - not because I love gardening but because it has got to be done and I'm tight with money.

When people ask "How are you today"?, I always reply "Absolutely super because I woke up this morning"! 

I have been a fowler all my life and am still at it.   I was a part time keeper for 30 years and still help out when required.   I game shoot whenever I get the chance.   I have just taught myself to shoot off the left shoulder, although right handed, due failing sight in right eye.

I took up serious stalking about three years ago.   As soon as the lockdown started I had to find a project around the house.   I settled on deer welfare, management and stalking.   Now on my fifth book.  (A very scientific one covering all six British species life cycles, habitats and spread rates, etc).   Masses more info on the internet. 

Then yesterday I get a phone call from a thirty year old shooting 'mate' telling me he is bored out of his brain due the fact that he has run out of films to watch because he has seen them all already!  He is 5' 8" tall and is close to seventeen stone - No doubt he has something wrong with a gland or two.   (If I had his wife I would loose about six stone and never get out of bed - But that's another story all together).

Health, in many ways, is a lottery.   Cancer and many other despicable illnesses can strike out of the blue.   However, if you don't have one of them - or until you do - look after the health that you have got and, as Walker570 says - "Get out there and enjoy every single second".   Oh, and stop moaning about things.   Either fix them or get on with life. 

Edited by Grandalf

7 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

My sentiments entirely.   I'm slightly ahead of you on the age front (81 next month) and enjoy life to the full.   I am a carer for the Memsahib, no help at the moment due isolation, but still manage to get out stalking for a couple of hours now and then.   I walk the dog for a few miles every day rain, hail or shine then 'pump the iron' for thirty minutes.   (Not so weighty as I used to manage but still reasonably).  I have so many hobbies that I can't possibly fit them all in.   Lots of work for the RBL - all the time.   Do my own garden - not because I love gardening but because it has got to be done and I'm tight with money.

When people ask "How are you today"?, I always reply "Absolutely super because I woke up this morning"! 

I have been a fowler all my life and am still at it.   I was a part time keeper for 30 years and still help out when required.   I game shoot whenever I get the chance.   I have just taught myself to shoot off the left shoulder, although right handed, due failing sight in right eye.

I took up serious stalking about three years ago.   As soon as the lockdown started I had to find a project around the house.   I settled on deer welfare, management and stalking.   Now on my fifth book.  (A very scientific one covering all six British species life cycles, habitats and spread rates, etc).   Masses more info on the internet. 

Then yesterday I get a phone call from a thirty year old shooting 'mate' telling me he is bored out of his brain due the fact that he has run out of films to watch because he has seen them all already!  He is 5' 8" tall and is close to seventeen stone - No doubt he has something wrong with a gland or two.   (If I had his wife I would loose about six stone and never get out of bed - But that's another story all together).

Health, in many ways, is a lottery.   Cancer and many other despicable illnesses can strike out of the blue.   However, if you don't have one of them - or until you do - look after the health that you have got and, as Walker570 says - "Get out there and enjoy every single second".   Oh, and stop moaning about things.   Either fix them or get on with life. 

Quality post 👍

6 hours ago, Grandalf said:

:good: and another RBL supporter here, my only charity.