Dont shoot Plz i found this picky plz take a look

jayward

now im quite new to shotguns but this is just bloody stupid it appears that the instructor is looking @ the gun mount but hes looing down the barrel of a gun some novice is holding , yehh i know its prob unloaded but i would never point a gun @ anyone ever loaded or not we all make mistakes and theres only 1 chance with a silly practice like this ,,, the point is where this picky is its on the main homepage ov a Corporate Clay Pigeon Shooting club with the claim All of our Coaches are qualified by the CPSA ... now my appologys if im wrong but this is stupid right SILLY OR NOT ?

plz can i change 1st lime to (now im quite new to shotguns but IS THIS just bloody stupid) then i dont get bashed any more ,,said from behind large rock lol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh mate, your such a donut. The instructor is testing for eye dominance and anyone who shoots *will* have had this done.

Take my word for it and this is not me being rude or blunt, but just delete your post.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and have it confirmed

Trust me, that gun is empty and will have been checked by both the instructor and shooter first. I had to do it to a BASC coach at a game fair once and I must say it felt a little uncomfortable, but it's all part of getting started. Any other time it's not acceptable so although you're new to this subject, at least you give it some thought and voiced your concerns. It shows you have good safety awareness, even if it is a little off target :good:

now im quite new to shotguns but this is just bloody stupid it appears that the instructor is looking @ the gun mount but hes looing down the barrel of a gun some novice is holding , yehh i know its prob unloaded but i would never point a gun @ anyone ever loaded or not we all make mistakes and theres only 1 chance with a silly practice like this ,,, the point is where this picky is its on the main homepage ov a Corporate Clay Pigeon Shooting club with the claim All of our Coaches are qualified by the CPSA ... now my appologys if im wrong but this is stupid right SILLY OR NOT ?

well dounut,,,,sausage,,, and so on, i guess you know now right.

its a very common practice by coaches/instructors, not only for eye dom but alignment and mount, this give's us a "scuse the pun" shot at correcting mount faults with new shooters, and seeing where they are actualy pointing.

couldnt help that one,,,,,,,,,, :good: :o one in the eye for you right.....i crack myself up, you can tell its the end of the week .

Martin

WOW harsh or what i asked as a bloody question did i not ? i was obviously tested for eye dom ,alignment and mount buy a cnr grade CPSA Coach and not one time have i ever pointed a gun @ him did i say i know it all err nope your insults to my intelligence mean nothing to me in fact it makes you look self assured and smug and tbh there nothing short of contemptuous i just dont care , @ least theres a few replys with valid advise so thanks

The sequence of events is everything. I read your earlier post about buying a gun before getting your SGC and then getting arsey with the RFD's who wouldn't take it.

You have a habit of leaping before looking.

So to summarise today's event:

1. your local RFD's are not "touchy, unhelpful or full of bad attitude"

2. the CPSA instructor in the photo from Corporate Clay Pigeon Shooting club is not "stupid"

Do you see the theme developing?

Saying "Woops I've done it again" would have defused the situation in a self deprecating way. Having a pop back and making out that you are just a novice and therefore immune from all criticism is poor.

WOW harsh or what i asked as a bloody question did i not ? i was obviously tested for eye dom ,alignment and mount buy a cnr grade CPSA Coach and not one time have i ever pointed a gun @ him did i say i know it all err nope your insults to my intelligence mean nothing to me in fact it makes you look self assured and smug and tbh there nothing short of contemptuous i just dont care , @ least theres a few replys with valid advise so thanks

First you said you were new to shooting, then you made a sweeping statement, then you asked a question. If you had left out the statement, and asked in a less direct way you'd have gotten a different response. It really is a nice place with helpful people on here but it's not a creche.

ahh @ least your observant so yehh i purchsed a gun b4 i had my SGL **legaly** some reason you fail to mention that fact humm

i didnt mention if i was arsey did i ? in fact i was polite even tho some advise from RFD was incorrect , i may have been hasty its a trate thats made/saved me quite a lot of money a few s$$ty insults will not have me addressing my conduct .

As predicted my FAO rang today and will visit me very soon in the next few days actually wish me luck buddy lol ...

then i ask if its right to point a shotgun in someones face and even appologised if i was wrong !!! and well your post says it all why thanks youve been great ....

whaaat! its standard practice for gun fitters and coaches. who know what they are doing.

First you said you were new to shooting, then you made a sweeping statement, then you asked a question. If you had left out the statement, and asked in a less direct way you'd have gotten a different response. It really is a nice place with helpful people on here but it's not a creche.

yehh point taken but tbh i do think its stupid to show a picky like that one as a promotional aid on a clay shooting site , hell can i not have an opinion , and i did ask if it was right or not having never experienced such a sight and having being tought not to do so explicidly i got it wrong im will stat running now take aim boys lol

thanks peter-peter thats all i needed

You need to calm down a bit and stop posting stupid post's!!, I had my FLO visit on Wednesday for my SGC (Granted :good: ) one of the questions was "when is the only time you can point your shotgun at somebody?"

I suggest that you start swatting up on gun safety (no offence but you obviously need to), I held an FAC until 6 years ago and let it slip due to new wife and kids and I got grilled good and proper by the FLO for my SGC.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum and if you ask the right questions you will get the right answers :o

I suggest that you engage your brain before your fingers, I know that you are new to this forum and so I'am I, please do not put the regulars off the nubies by coming up with stupid post's.

Many thanks from all the nubies and myself.

Listen Jay mate, you got off on the wrong foot. I am sure we will all get on just fine if you drp the txt spk plz lol and stop being too enthusiastic.

Most people wait until they have an SGC before trying to buy a gun, perhaps you think that's not on but at the end of the day we all did it the other way I'd wager.

Just chill, take a bit of criticism on the chin and stop being so alarmed when someone on the internet winds you up, it's what it's for :good: