Tyres

dodeer

Had my 57 plate Hilux double cab for just over a week and done nearly 2000 miles in it!

Lovely vehicle to drive but not to good over the rough stuff, especially with the tyres it was sold with.

It has alloy 15" wheels. I'm looking for a decent A/T tyre that will last for 20,000 miles . Use the vehicle for a lot of double gun loading days on a big shoot close by which is very flinty so need tough side walls etc.

Any ideas on what to go for, bear in mind the 15" rims. Any thing that would raise it up slighty again an advantage.

Idealy don't want to pay more than £120 per tyre ( x5). <_<

Cheers guys

Had my 57 plate Hilux double cab for just over a week and done nearly 2000 miles in it!

Lovely vehicle to drive but not to good over the rough stuff, especially with the tyres it was sold with.

It has alloy 15" wheels. I'm looking for a decent A/T tyre that will last for 20,000 miles . Use the vehicle for a lot of double gun loading days on a big shoot close by which is very flinty so need tough side walls etc.

Any ideas on what to go for, bear in mind the 15" rims. Any thing that would raise it up slighty again an advantage.

Idealy don't want to pay more than £120 per tyre ( x5). <_<

Cheers guys

If you have to drive over alot of sharp flints wouldnt it be better to try some cheapo tyres for the first season at least, I can imagine you crying bucketloads of tears ;) seeing an expensive new tyre ruined by a flint in the sidewall first day out?

Just a thought maybe keep another set of real offroad tyres n wheels just for use during the season.

:lol: D2D

a quick search finds

DUNLOP - AT2

225/70R15S 4X4

Quantity 1

£81.90 inc VAT each ( 4 x = £327 full fitted )

Fully fitted price, no hidden extras.

and

Hankook RA23 225/70 R15 100H 4PR , M+S marking NEW £ 74.50 4 £ 298.00

Total amount 4 £ 298.00

including VAT and shipping within mainland UK

the only extras are with the 2nd price fitting @ your local dealer say £10/15 pw so less than £350 all in

if you do a lot of miles don't bother with re-moulds. I've colways on my truck and they are fine for what they are cheap tyres, they take loads of lead to balance and still aren't great fine for me as it never goes that far.

What you want are BFG all terrains my last set were on the truck for 60K they give a good mix of off road ability and on road comfort. these people seem to give some very good prices and do them mail order as well. they will be well within budget and the sidewalls are pretty well designed to prevent damade. Mine were fine despite a year of the missus driving them against kerbs!

http://www.elitedirect.com/02-tyres/tyresb...%20F%20Goodrich

if you do a lot of miles don't bother with re-moulds. I've colways on my truck and they are fine for what they are cheap tyres, they take loads of lead to balance and still aren't great fine for me as it never goes that far.

What you want are BFG all terrains my last set were on the truck for 60K they give a good mix of off road ability and on road comfort. these people seem to give some very good prices and do them mail order as well. they will be well within budget and the sidewalls are pretty well designed to prevent damade. Mine were fine despite a year of the missus driving them against kerbs!

http://www.elitedirect.com/02-tyres/tyresb...%20F%20Goodrich

The ones with 3 ply sidewalls are very good :welcomeani:

LB

good move, I'm really regretting putting the colway copies on mine this time, they are cheaper but they aren't as good off road and definitely don't give the same ride. Having said that they've done 30K so far and don't even look half worn. I think they'll go through perishing though rather than wear.