ebay stories

Dunkield

I sold some old stuff on ebay this week.

As I know people (me included) can be a bit impatient, I always offer a Buy It Now price as well - normally the minimum I would take for it.

Things weren't looking too hopeful as there were no bids, and no watchers on either item all week.

Both items sold in the end, but the odd thing is person that bought one of the items clicked the BIN option with a minute to go - so actually paid double what he needed to :wub:

A bloke I work with put a well used kids toy on there and couldn't be bothered to take any pictures so he put a link into the Argos web with the description.

The 'winning' bidder paid about £5 more than the item was new + the P&P despite the fact the new price was clearly stated on the Argos site :lol:

With the thousands of items every day selling on ebay there must be hundreds of these stories like these out there?

one thing you have to not do is log on while ******, its very dangerous at that point.

I sold a horse lorry on there recently and amazingly with no MOT or tax, lights not working pretty much sold it spares or repair and the guy just turned up shortly before dark and drove it 40 miles home!

a mate sold a peugeot 205 totally unroadworthy and the same thing a guy drove that 140 miles home with absolutely no brakes. Its crazy

I've been selling "Breitling for Bentley" mens watches on there. Theses aren't Breitling lets just say they look similar. I got hold of a few this summer at £ 18 each

I've sold them between £124 lowest and £184 highest on ebay

There's always plenty of muppets punters on there who wants a bit a bling

Its paid for my October break in Cyprus and a few days away in Hamburg in November

Anyone want some Prada or Dior shades ? :wub::lol::oops:

Jonno

one thing you have to not do is log on while ******, its very dangerous at that point.

I sold a horse lorry on there recently and amazingly with no MOT or tax, lights not working pretty much sold it spares or repair and the guy just turned up shortly before dark and drove it 40 miles home!

a mate sold a peugeot 205 totally unroadworthy and the same thing a guy drove that 140 miles home with absolutely no brakes. Its crazy

All funny untill someone like a biker is killed at a junction due to that :lol: Crzy? more like unresponsible and illiegle :wub:

As to the original post, I know what its like. logging on while drunk :lol: I impulse buy.

I find Ebay most useful for buying accesories for stuff :oops:

Never been coned or anything though.

Maybe two years ago, I sold a boat ( 16' dory on a trailer) to a scotish guy. He lived in Port Glasgow, I then lived in Pembroke - South West Wales. He claimed that he would turn up on a particular day ( I forget which) but failed to arrive. I rang his mobile and he told me that he'd been delayed and would be with me the following day. No problem, no worries.

Fair enough he arrived the following day and mentioned that he hadn't realized how far it was from sunny Scotland to darkest West Wales, had to make an overnight stop somewhere near Derby. I thought that suggestion of RAC Route Planner or Auto-route would have been wasted at that point. Seems he'd set off from home thinking that he'd be in Wales and back in a single day - fat chance.

Anyway, what he'd thought of as a single day out and back turned into one overnight on the way out and two overnights on the way home. He also thought that a boat/trailer would tow comfortably at motorway speeds,,,, bad mistake.

Odd, he never did leave me feedback :lol:

I bought a nice car number plate worth at least a grand when the bloke selling it:

1. listed it in the wrong section

2. put no reserve on it

3. went away for the weekend and left the auction running "unsupervised" (i.e. he wasn't there to close it early or get a mate to shill bid it)

So, voila, number plate mine for £12.50.

I bought a nice car number plate worth at least a grand when the bloke selling it:

2. put no reserve on it

3. went away for the weekend and left the auction running "unsupervised" (i.e. he wasn't there to close it early or get a mate to shill bid it)

what happened about the car mats in the end ?

2. put no reserve on it

You should have e-mailed him and offered him a fair going price Mungler. After all it was a mistake. I would feel real guilty if I was you.

2. put no reserve on it

You should have e-mailed him and offered him a fair going price Mungler. After all it was a mistake. I would feel real guilty if I was you.

He didn't have to complete the transaction, indeed I didn't think he would and so promised to send his missus £100 of flowers if he completed the deal. He did and I did.

I would add that he listed the auction as selling the plate "because it didn't fit his new porsche".

I didn't lose any sleep.

2. put no reserve on it

starlight,

the reg number was SMA11 D1CK so who had the last laugh ? :lol::wub:

Buying: I wanted a decent electric organ (no not that), 2 keyboards, pedals, inbuilt computer etc, so i thought the best time to look was January (no-one got any money post-xmas). Saw this decent Yamaha jobby that i knew was worth at least £1500. This had Yamaha mis-spelt and no reserve! so I put a hopeful bid of £1000 and forgot all about it. The winning bid was............... £65 !!!!!! When I turned up to pick it up I gave him £100. He was gutted!

Selling: About 11 years ago I bought a Yamaha XS400 motorcycle that just about ran for £100. I took it to bits and never got round to restoring it. It sat in boxes rotting away for 10 years until I decided to move house. I faced facts and decided I was never going to do anything with it. It would have cost me van hire to take it to the tip so I put it on ebay with an honest description and loads of photos and a start price of 1p. 12 hrs to the end of auction and some bloke from Brum is winning at 1p. Great I thought, someones going to get rid of my junk for me! Next day at work an email pings in saying the auction has ended - same bloke won the auction at £215.50!!! Sure enough he drove a round trip of 320 miles that night to pick it up and paid cash!

Nige