Finally got to go at the pigeons

Newkid

With the op killing some nice pigeons it will only be a matter of time before he connect with those he is struggling with at the moment , the more time he spend in the hide he will mentally start to read the pigeons reactions and will have more time to pull the trigger .

As for chokes , then I wouldn't worry what chokes the gun have , there will never be one choke that will cover every pigeon situation that come to or pass the decoys , so find a cartridge you are happy with and carry on doing what you are doing , and I am sure your shooting will get better as time wears on , Thanks for sharing and look forward to your next video that come our way .

What an anti climax 🤦🏻‍♂️ Got there an hour earlier than last time expecting another good day pulled up expecting a couple hundred birds lifting like last time and nothing not one got set up and around 30 birds come in out the trees opposite then that was it sat there for hours with nothing we ended the day on 8 four each managed two on the ShotKam the first god knows what I was waiting for and the second I was over the moon with as it was going away after I missed with the first  shot atb Dean

That's pigeons for you, most likely it will be blue over with them tomorrow.

Ive had a couple of days like that this winter, found a field late in the day (3.30pm) with around 400 birds in the trees and on the field, went the day after to shoot the field and not a bird, been to look at the same field today and there were about 20 birds sat in the trees, nothing moving or joining their mates in the trees, very frustrating, mind you I don't know what it was like by you but there was hardly any wind today which did not help.

Edited by old'un

22 minutes ago, old'un said:

That's pigeons for you, most likely it will be blue over with them tomorrow.

Ive had a couple of days like that this winter, found a field late in the day (3.30pm) with around 400 birds in the trees and on the field, went the day after to shoot the field and not a bird, been to look at the same field today and there were about 20 birds sat in the trees, nothing moving or joining their mates in the trees, very frustrating, mind you I don't know what it was like by you but there was hardly any wind today which did not help.

10mph according to the met but seemed a lot less to me as I had to change my decoying pattern as the ones that came in were flying straight in mate they were sat in the trees all around the field and were dropping in right next to the road then as soon as a shot went up straight back to the trees 🌲  

Although you did not do any good it sounds like they want that field, it may pay you to bag the field where they are dropping in near the road, I use some five/six foot bamboo canes with a plastic feed bag tied to the top with about two foot of bailing twine, they work well at keeping bird off parts of the field you don't want them on, if you do have a go at bagging the field tie the bags on the bottom corner, if you tie them on the open top they will take off.

if you do decide to have a go at bagging the field tell the farmer what your plans are and get his approval first and make sure you remove all the bags and canes before they combine.

Edited by old'un

If your free time allow then try to look at the field the day before , this will give you a good idea in knowing what is using the field , also the field might have had a dressing on it a few days earlier that the pigeons are not keen on , as they say , time on reconnaissance is never wasted .