Moderators

BigGun1

had one, did its job well. but its end can type. i went for down the barrel and ended up with a dm 80.for about the same money.

Just bought the DM80 for my .222 and it does the job really well...paid £100 posted to my door and fair play it only took a week... he made and posted mine even before he cashed my chq...as a matter of fact he still hasn't cashed my chq yet :lol:

Chaps, a quickie - how much do T8's and DM80's cost new and how much do they change hands for second hand? This would be for a .223

Also, if shooting a .223 without a mod is a "10" on the loud scale, how noisy is it after adding a mod (using the 1 to 10 scale).

Ta muchly,

T8's are £199 and DM80 are £100 there is not £100's worth of difference between them if you know what I mean... the T8's usually sell for around £100-£130 2nd hand depending and the DM80 are few and far between but when they do pop up 2nd hand they are usually £70-£80

and as for the scale they are about a 5 or 6.

BigGun1 = DM80 is Traget Sports of Bolton's resident gunsmith, if you have no luck contacting Dave himself on BBS give them a ring and they will pass on your No to Dave :good:

Cheers Taffy.

What's the best money can buy then, the T8?

Well from what i've been told by members of our club who have them - No

Apparently not.... The Wildcat moderators are better for a start, and i'm sure i've read on here and elsewhere that the new Stealth mods are the dogs as well

Chaps, a quickie - how much do T8's and DM80's cost new and how much do they change hands for second hand? This would be for a .223

Also, if shooting a .223 without a mod is a "10" on the loud scale, how noisy is it after adding a mod (using the 1 to 10 scale).

Ta muchly,

Dont know about a scale 1-10 but people have said the T8ar i have on my 223 is as quiet as the ultra i have on my HMR and that is good... :good::lol:

my 223 with the ase utra jet-z is not alot louder than my hmr with a sak on, the jet-z is one solid piece of metal :good: adds 6" to over all lenght tho :good: but you cant have everything. must say im delighted with its performance and it will last me a long time :lol: could shoot the 223 all day without ear muffs no problems, can see the foxes falling in the scope which is handy

Hi!

I'm looking to purchase a moderator for my .223. What do you have or reccomend?? I'm open to any sensible sugestions, how about the JLS one for about £100???

BG

Look on this as you are aquiring a addition to protect your earing and nothing more .I'm a fan of the slip over barrel type giving two points of contact with the barrel .

If you don't mind the extra length and even more upset balance that example you've quoted above will be OK :good:

Hi!

I'm looking to purchase a moderator for my .223. What do you have or reccomend?? I'm open to any sensible sugestions, how about the JLS one for about £100???

BG

Look on this as you are aquiring a addition to protect your earing and nothing more .I'm a fan of the slip over barrel type giving two points of contact with the barrel .

If you don't mind the extra length and even more upset balance that example you've quoted above will be OK :good:

I normally shoot from a Bipod so balance shouldn't be a problem but it would be nice not to annoy the farmer nextdoor too much! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
had one, did its job well. but its end can type. i went for down the barrel and ended up with a dm 80.for about the same money.

Just bought the DM80 for my .222 and it does the job really well...paid £100 posted to my door and fair play it only took a week... he made and posted mine even before he cashed my chq...as a matter of fact he still hasn't cashed my chq yet :blink:

Seems these are going up in price then or someone was trying to rip me off :good: as i was quoted £190.00 for this and said it should be £225.00 so getting a wildcat instead

Just bought the DM80 for my .222 and it does the job really well...paid £100 posted to my door and fair play it only took a week... he made and posted mine even before he cashed my chq...as a matter of fact he still hasn't cashed my chq yet :blink:

Seems these are going up in price then or someone was trying to rip me off :good: as i was quoted £190.00 for this and said it should be £225.00 so getting a wildcat instead

how much. did he have a mask on.

A pro-stalker friend of mine went through THREE T8's one year (and he'a anal about maintaining his kit!)...he's seen them all - going to A-Tec now...he's one person whose desicion I would trust with my money any day. :good:

He may want to have a read of this before he parts with his money the new wonder mod may not be it's been cracked up to be A tec

how much. did he have a mask on.

ask him he,s on the forum ? and from wigan

well would the man from wigan like to put his bit in please.

or could DM 80 set another machinist on to get some more mods out to these poor lads who cant get one.

does anyone have a lathe doing nowt. :good:

just had a pm off dm80 and if i was quoted near the price he quoted me i would of had one , but ordered a wildcat today .

Appologies to dm 80 :blink:

And the man from wigan well after buying two rifles off you :good:

well would the man from wigan like to put his bit in please.

or could DM 80 set another machinist on to get some more mods out to these poor lads who cant get one.

does anyone have a lathe doing nowt. :good:

just had a pm off dm80 and if i was quoted near the price he quoted me i would of had one , but ordered a wildcat today .

Appologies to dm 80 :blink:

And the man from wigan well after buying two rifles off you :good:

what a ******.