Steel

21 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

Don’t now any exact instances but We’ve all heard the live stock eating plastic wads and farmers getting vet bills 

I’ve heard it but don’t know a single farmer who has said it has happened, or that it bothers them, and I know quite a few farmers who shoot. 
Mate sometimes uses plastic wadded ammo on his beef and sheep farm, and the only farmer in our syndicate was one of those who stumped up for a share of a load of plastic wadded cartridges we bought. We used them over about four seasons. 

Edited by Scully

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Scully said:

Discarded Plastic fishing nets? Plastic bags and detritus being swallowed by fish and birds? Fishing line entangling birds and animals? I’m sure there’ll be other instances. 

Have they banned plastic. Now name one confirmed instance, not tittle tattle hear say, were lead has killed anybody. CONFIRMED CASE

Edited by 8 shot

Hi sj bram what are you loading in twelve gauge with card wads and steel shot. It must be easier to buy cartridges with bio wads unless you want heavy loads. Cardboard wads aren’t new, l was loading ten gauge with ITM shot and cardboard wads fifteen years ago. I purchased them from Ian Charlton, Clay and game. Card wads were used in the USA years ago, I think they were called Kraft wads. I’ve loaded ten gauge with cardboard wads and steel shot, if fired through ported chokes it will shred the outer layer of the wads. I make my own cardboard wads for my twenty eight gauge for steel, ITM, and TSS. They are just as good as the plastic wads. The wads in the photo are ten, twelve and twenty eight. 

948A81F0-4ACC-4D44-A7CF-AE2ED40D158E.jpeg

17 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

Have they banned plastic. Now name one confirmed instance, not tittle tattle hear say, were lead has killed anybody. CONFIRMED CASE

You appear to think I’m arguing with you, I’m not; I’m merely pointing out that there are alternative views and facts to most arguments. We have to get our facts right otherwise our case isn’t valid. 
The Shooting industry hasn’t banned plastic, and as far as I know nor has the fishing industry, but I’ve no doubt the time will come. 
I’m assuming you mean killed by ingesting lead? I’ve never heard of anyone who has died as a result of ingesting lead as part of their food intake. 
Thete is no lead shot ban ( yet ) and I’ll continue to use it until it is. 

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

You appear to think I’m arguing with you, I’m not; I’m merely pointing out that there are alternative views and facts to most arguments. We have to get our facts right otherwise our case isn’t valid. 
The Shooting industry hasn’t banned plastic, and as far as I know nor has the fishing industry, but I’ve no doubt the time will come. 
I’m assuming you mean killed by ingesting lead? I’ve never heard of anyone who has died as a result of ingesting lead as part of their food intake. 
Thete is no lead shot ban ( yet ) and I’ll continue to use it until it is. 

No no... merely trying to illustrate the stupidity of all this ban everything culture we now have

To my knowledge it’s not like they go looking for lead. It’s been used since the dawn of firearms to harvest game. It’s the toxicology reports they do Periodically on meat and fish and I’m sure heavy metals is part of the test and if they happen to find a lead pellet in it because they are looking for traces in the flesh of the meat it throws the reading of the chart and the batch has to go. I remember reading an article about it somewhere and that’s what stops the E/U and other chains accepting it 

Edited by Sweet11-87