Silver pigeon

spurs 14

Guys , bit of advice must be a few people on here who shoot the above ? Just bought one , nice condition silver pigeon 1 , first time out I’m missing a  few pigeons I should be hitting ! , no problem new gun bit of getting used too ! Took it out today and put it on a pattern plate , all the  chokes top and bottom barrel , full choke looks really good on paper good pattern dead centre but as you start to open up the chokes it starts to shoot a little high and left , had used modified and improved , 30 g no 6 carts .

thinking of going to full and improved see if that helps but is this normal on berettas ? Do they shoot a little high ? Thanks all

11 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Guys , bit of advice must be a few people on here who shoot the above ? Just bought one , nice condition silver pigeon 1 , first time out I’m missing a  few pigeons I should be hitting ! , no problem new gun bit of getting used too ! Took it out today and put it on a pattern plate , all the  chokes top and bottom barrel , full choke looks really good on paper good pattern dead centre but as you start to open up the chokes it starts to shoot a little high and left , had used modified and improved , 30 g no 6 carts .

thinking of going to full and improved see if that helps but is this normal on berettas ? Do they shoot a little high ? Thanks all

It’s probably a gun mounting / fitting issue. A standard silver pigeon shoots high and left for me too. If I were to buy one, I would need a good stocker to give me a little extra bend and cast-off. 

Is it the spotter or field model? The field is usually the higher combed one. 

1 hour ago, spurs 14 said:

Hi no it’s the sporter , it seems to fit good ,mounts nice and comes up to the eye good , maybe need to get someone to have a look , cheers 

So ends that line of investigation.

Have you looked at barrel convergence - was it one particular barrel that was giving you trouble? 

Sometimes crudely made chokes can be out a little - but not by much. Usually the internal threading has to be wonky to cause any real problems - and usually it would move point of impact for all chokes. 

Running out of ideas. Hopefully someone else will chip in, perhaps a gun smith….?

Cheers for that , no it’s odd , I was hoping to come on here and have a flurry of “ oh yeah that’s beretta they do shoot a little high “ 

no used same choke top and bottom barrel pretty much the same it was odd that the more open the choke was the more pronounced it became , even so much with an open choke fired at the bottom right corner of plate and got a good central pattern ? 

59 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Cheers for that , no it’s odd , I was hoping to come on here and have a flurry of “ oh yeah that’s beretta they do shoot a little high “ 

no used same choke top and bottom barrel pretty much the same it was odd that the more open the choke was the more pronounced it became , even so much with an open choke fired at the bottom right corner of plate and got a good central pattern ? 

I’m sure a few folk will comment. There are a few busy threads running at the moment. Good luck!

25 minutes ago, scobydog said:

Hi,

I've got the latest field version and it shoots perfectly straight for my build, 5' 9" and largish, as said maybe a fit issue.

Atb scobydog

totally agree I'm 5' 10" 16 stone iv got the new 687 silver pidgeon was told to get the adjustable stock because of my build