Refinish Sheesham Wood Table

Smokersmith

Over the years my dining table has become worn, and needs refinishing.

Those who knows the wood, will understand it’s stained in some way to help bring out the rich colours.

Looks like I need to sand back and re-stain to get back to the original finish.

Has anyone done this, and is able to advise on the right product to get a good match?

Without actually being there and seeing it, makes it ifficult to advise but I would go for a thorough sand down to 1000 grit and then a wax polish.  Not knowing what 'colour' you prefer then there are a whole choice...look at Axminster web site...then a good wax finish.  If not then put it out to a French Polisher and getb the job done professionally.

We damaged our very ornate dining table and thought that is it but a local pro french polisher not only raised the severe dents but repolished the whole table back to new.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the grain is brought  out by applying a darker stain then sanding back to it then applying a lighter stain!

as the stain soaked into different grain at different rates you are using this to get the affect 

being able to read the grain and know how to feed it is the French polishers art!

if you are determined to have a go is it possible to try some areas on the underside before committing to the full top 

Agriv8