Is now a good time to buy?

davids3511

10 hours ago, Minky said:

I've got a B325 that I completely dismantled and cleaned.  It is pretty simple to do if you go about it in a systematic way.   Clean clear area on a sheet. Containers to put things in.  Take a million pictures as you dismantle to refer to.  As to what went where and in what relationship the bits fit.  Don't panic and don't start using a hammer or throwing stuff about. But.. you'll be ok.  AND mine all found its way back together.

Ok, no hammer. Noted.

11 hours ago, davids3511 said:

I've had a look. Doesn't look too bad actually. Would it be worth changing the pins and springs while I'm in there? I've had the gun 6 years or so and done not much service wise with it.

It is an unnecessary expense really, especially if you are parting with the gun. Remove them, clean them and their housing. A TINY amount of lubricant and replace. I bought some new springs and pins fom America 4 years ago, I still have not had the need to change them. The carbon builds up and stops the pin from fully retracting every time, that leads to intermittent strikes, causing misfires. It seems to just affect the lower pin more, which in most cases, is the first barrel.

39 minutes ago, davids3511 said:

Ok, no hammer. Noted.

I bought a 'toffee' hammer at a car boot sale, it is perfect for tapping a pin punch. I have had some pins that have been really tight and needed something to tap the pin punch with.

On 28/08/2022 at 21:46, davids3511 said:

I'm looking to buy a new (to me) clay gun. I'm looking to spend in the region of 3k, is now a good time? With the economic outlook not great, would 6 months get me more for my bucks?

I know it's a bit like looking to profit from another's misfortune but I guess someone will buy it so why not me.

I have been looking to buy a nice Gr 5 Mk38 or one of the new Gr3 mk38 adjustable when they are available next month.  My pal has been trying to buy a new A400 at the same time. We have been looking to PX one mint 32” Mk38 gr1 and another almost mint MK70 gr1. I have 6 dealers which are local to me and so far the PX offers have been insulting TBH for a 2 gun deal, two dealers are not even taking in any PX guns. The lowest offer was £400 for the MK38,  the same dealer had a dog Mk38 on his rack for £950.

None are offering any discounts of RRP, greed has taken over. They are giving pennies on the pound for PX and wanting to maximise profits on all new sales. One of the dealers I have purchased over 20 guns of different types over the years for myself or getting friends into shooting, that meant absolutely nothing to this individual.

If I was in your situation I would be looking for a nice 2nd hand option, probably off this forum or maybe guntrader if I wanted a gun immediately, if not then wait until prices start to fall.

Hope that helps in some way buddy👍

50 minutes ago, Taileron said:

I have been looking to buy a nice Gr 5 Mk38 or one of the new Gr3 mk38 adjustable when they are available next month.  My pal has been trying to buy a new A400 at the same time. We have been looking to PX one mint 32” Mk38 gr1 and another almost mint MK70 gr1. I have 6 dealers which are local to me and so far the PX offers have been insulting TBH for a 2 gun deal, two dealers are not even taking in any PX guns. The lowest offer was £400 for the MK38,  the same dealer had a dog Mk38 on his rack for £950.

None are offering any discounts of RRP, greed has taken over. They are giving pennies on the pound for PX and wanting to maximise profits on all new sales. One of the dealers I have purchased over 20 guns of different types over the years for myself or getting friends into shooting, that meant absolutely nothing to this individual.

If I was in your situation I would be looking for a nice 2nd hand option, probably off this forum or maybe guntrader if I wanted a gun immediately, if not then wait until prices start to fall.

Hope that helps in some way buddy👍

It does, thank you.

On 29/08/2022 at 08:44, davids3511 said:

I suppose but for me this is a big purchase that will have to last me years so if waiting 6 months can get me a less used/better condition gun then I'll be content to wait.

Well if you are like me and plenty others, you may be thinking like that now. However give it 12 months or so and you'll be fancying something else. Guns do that to you , if we didnt all chop and change , there would be hardly any gun shops around and even less new ones getting manufactured.