Classic Eley High Flyer 12g cartridges for sale NR28 - nearly full case 225 carts

piemanpete

I don't do much shooting these days and have enough cartridges to meet my needs for the foreseeable, so I am selling a nearly complete case of Eley High Flyer 12g 30gm load No.6 cartrridges - plastic cases, 55mm 2/1/4" long, no doubt for 2/1/2" chambers(discharged length), lead shot, fibre wads. Ideal for pigeons, game and even clay/skeet shooting.  I used one box on a small local pheasant shoot back in 2018; I was a beater, with my then dog and it was a beaters' shoot day near the end of the season.

Nine full boxes of 25 in the case - total 225.

Collection only, due to the weight, near North Walsham NR28 in North Norfolk. Please note, you will need to bring your shotgun certificate with you and show it to me  before I can hand the cartridges over.

A typical price for similar cartridges in bulk these  days is £459 per 1,000 on Just Cartridges website, So let's say £90 or a very near offer for the lot. You can even pay by cash or internet banking on collection if you like and you can even fire a couple over an open field behind my house just to satisfy yourself that they work!

I've got a few other bits and pieces for sale here - a two person camouflaged, showerproof. shooting and wildlife observation hide and an electric pigeon magnet plus decoys.

IMG_3074.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

Edited by piemanpete

14 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

A saving of £3.28 !

Interested, or just taking the ****?

10 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

I would make a note that they are 2 &1/2 cases as well if you’re chosen weapon is old and English!

good luck

Agriv8

10 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

I would make a note that they are 2 &1/2 cases as well if you’re chosen weapon is old and English!

good luck

Agriv8

They'e actually 55mm 2/1/4" long cases _ what does it matter what kind of gun you have?

Just now, piemanpete said:

Not taking the **** but you originally offered at £100 which for 225 carts based on the £459 is a saving of £3.28 , I was just pointing it out , clearly you saw that as well as you dropped the price

15 minutes ago, piemanpete said:

They'e actually 55mm 2/1/4" long cases _ what does it matter what kind of gun you have?

I suspect you are measuring the loaded cases at 55mm? When fired the cases will be 65mm like it says on the box. Are you sure they are 36 gram loads?

22 minutes ago, piemanpete said:

Trying to help you sell em fella - old English side by sides usually take a maximum 2 & 1/2 inch 65mm  shell ( measurement of a shot cartridge’s length ) 

This is called chamber length and you can’t shoot a 3” cartridge in a 2 1/2 gun

heavy load shells like yours in 2 1/2 or 65mm case make them more appealing to people like my mate with an unhealthy obsession with old side by sides and game shooting with them.

I suspect your measurement is an un shot cartridge as the box states 2 & 1/2

Edit to add looks like 30g on cartridge boxes - as 36g of no 6 in a 65mm would be a new one on me!

B41AEB24-DC82-46BF-AEA3-D5378D2AEE53.jpeg

Edited by Agriv8

16 minutes ago, London Best said:

I suspect you are measuring the loaded cases at 55mm? When fired the cases will be 65mm like it says on the box. Are you sure they are 36 gram loads?

Apologies, they are 30gm load as per the box label - what's 6 grams of lead between friends?

37 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Trying to help you sell em fella - old English side by sides usually take a maximum 2 & 1/2 inch 65mm  shell ( measurement of a shot cartridge’s length ) 

This is called chamber length and you can’t shoot a 3” cartridge in a 2 1/2 gun

heavy load shells like yours in 2 1/2 or 65mm case make them more appealing to people like my mate with an unhealthy obsession with old side by sides and game shooting with them.

I suspect your measurement is an un shot cartridge as the box states 2 & 1/2

Edit to add looks like 30g on cartridge boxes - as 36g of no 6 in a 65mm would be a new one on me!

B41AEB24-DC82-46BF-AEA3-D5378D2AEE53.jpeg

They are indeed 30gm, apologies for any confusion. The cartridge length is 55mm 2/1/4"

36 minutes ago, piemanpete said:

They are indeed 30gm, apologies for any confusion. The cartridge length is 55mm 2/1/4"

No! The cartridge length is 2 1/2 inch. You do not measure a loaded case.

It is important to get this right for safety reasons.

Good luck with the sale.

2 hours ago, piemanpete said:

I did indeed see it. I have tried to pitch the price competitively so they sell; I'm out of work and could use the cash, but I'm not giving them away.

If you happen to have experience in the. Construction industry or want to be a labourer my company I work for may be able to sort you some work in N Norfolk