Bakers bags

Bigbob

I wasnt sure to pop this on the Cafe thread 

But to cut costs i make a pot of soup maybe 2/3 times a week and  the wife and i will have a plate for lunch then at tea time another plate with a bag from a bakers , Stephens is the only bakers no to do this you just sign up for the app a bag costs £2.59 you order a bag , bags at 18.15 the night before and you pick them up at 16'45 the next day only thing is its pot luck what you get it can be anything we usually get 4 sausage rolls in a  bag we got so many we got a drawer in the freezer full of them and we empty it when the kids come for tea. We get bagettues , bakes can be any kind  sausage rolls we even had them filled with black pudding , rolls  cakes and dounuts and doughrings , a bag usually does me and the Mrs 3 days 

I saw on tv the other night stores are doing this as well but  its pot luck one person just got a bag of apples LOL 

14 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I had a look on that but a lot of it was small businesses just trying to sell of **** that really should have gone in the bin. 

Quite disappointing. 

It might be round your way but here you have a number of Carveries, most notably Toby Carvery, where at 9pm they hand out for £3.50 a huge box of what ever is left over.

Obviously it's pot luck but there is often more than a complete carvery meal.

They do the same in the morning with the breakfast buffet.

A few hotels do the same in the morning. 

Tim Hortons do one as well but its more expensive as its a bigger bag and you have to be quick as theres goes within minutes 

Most out lets are now doing these bags and my first question was why no just make less then there will be less surplus at night but it turns out the goverment give them cash back