Weather

Walker570

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

The talk lately was another Beast From The East is on its way , this week we Spring like conditions with it reaching 17 degrees , I am no gardener but at the moment we have got plenty of Snowdrops , Daffodils , Crocuses and my Cherry tree is in bloom , the water have dried out on the marshes and we are still in February , yes we have got time for another cold spell but the weatherman on the dinnertime news said it is going to be a dry weekend and the same to at least next Tuesday, which will then put us nearly into March .

You will very soon see the Rape growing a inch or two while sitting in your motor having a coffee .      MM

Interesting; despite it being quite mild here, the snowdrops were around usual time (and still in bloom), the crocuses are in flower now, but only in the last few days, and barely a daffodil out yet.  I reckon the daffodils are at least a week late compared to last year.  No tulips in bud yet, but leaf growth coming along.

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Interesting; despite it being quite mild here, the snowdrops were around usual time (and still in bloom), the crocuses are in flower now, but only in the last few days, and barely a daffodil out yet.  I reckon the daffodils are at least a week late compared to last year.  No tulips in bud yet, but leaf growth coming along.

We had a good showing of Snowdrops in the woods that were out in bloom on the last full week of the game season , mine in the garden were showing White at the top of the stems but were still a week or so coming out in full flower , 

Crocuses are now out everywhere and are out in full bloom when the sun is around a lot of the towns roundabouts

Daffs seem to vary a lot , ours are now well in bud with the odd one or two out in flower , where a mile down the road a house have had daffs in flower for at least two weeks , maybe a different variety or in a well sheltered spot .

Tulips  are coming up but still a few weeks away from being well in bud , looking around my garden you can see different odds and ends coming up all over the place and like I said earlier the Cherry tree is now well in flower and the bloody Pigeons are tucking into the buds , Spring is just around the corner now and something you cannot stop is time .