Yahoo - mailbox

Bobba

Mrs B uses Yahoo for emails. Today she has received an email from Yahoo team - email support saying “An update to your mailbox” we are closing all old versions of our mailbox as of 27 Oct 2022. Tap below and sign in to get more organised mailbox and stop being deactivated.” There is a link time expired on 30 Oct.

mindful of scams, Trojan horses and malware I thought I would consult PW colleagues to ask if anybody else on yahoo has received this message before she responds (or not). Thank you.

It’s more than likely a scam. I’ve been receiving emails regarding my email provider telling me they are updating their mailbox, so are closing all older versions and telling me I have so many days to update. They sound quite desperate at times, informing me it’s my last chance! 😄

I’ve been receiving these emails since before lockdown, sometimes up to four a day. I just delete them without opening. 

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s more than likely a scam. I’ve been receiving emails regarding my email provider telling me they are updating their mailbox, so are closing all older versions and telling me I have so many days to update. They sound quite desperate at times, informing me it’s my last chance! 😄

I’ve been receiving these emails since before lockdown, sometimes up to four a day. I just delete them without opening. 

Many thanks.
Mrs B has spoken to our son. He referred her to a website “PCrisk” - a cyber security portal. There’s an article (Sept 2022) on “upgrade scam” emails. They are, indeed, a phishing trip. Message deleted.

i find most scam e-mails ALWAYS HAVE HEADERS THAT ARE JUST NOT NEARLY COMPLETE..........which then fishes you to open it to see what the rest of the verbage is

more often than not genuine e-mails have all the information necessasary in the header which you can read...

not always tho'