Mild steel angle.

la bala

11 minutes ago, la bala said:

I

Dont know what went wrong with post, will try again. I havnt bought any steel stock for some time, what a shock. I ordered 3 metres of 50x50x8mm angle, I went to collect, that will be £80 please.

jeesus that has gone up in price since i used to buy stuff regular

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

jeesus that has gone up in price since i used to buy stuff regular

I checked online Simon, thats the rate now, just pleased I was building a whole trailer.

Just now, la bala said:

I checked online Simon, thats the rate now, just pleased I wasnt building a whole trailer.

We do a lot of fabrication  at work building conveyor's , For example a 2.4mt x 1.2 mt sheet of 2mm thick mild steel has gone up from £80 to £140 and box section together with all sizes of angle has gone up by about the same percentage and we buy in multiple ton lot's , One of  the other companies on the estate does not buy much steel sheet and it is cheaper for him to order a 2.4 x 1.2 sheet  with 10mm cut off both dimensions from the lazer cutter's than buying 1 sheet  full size from a steel stockist.

Even the rubber belting (About the same as used on shooting ranges) has shot up in price , All rubber belt comes from China.

Edited by Andy H
extra information

4 hours ago, Ferretlurcher1970 said:

I do . Is handy for big stuff or away from the work shop 

Hello, a friend's clearing his work shop and has one but only the torch, thought it might be useful to someone on PW , I'm sure I have some spare nozzles, not seen the torch but he looks after his gear, 

Don't these firms have offcut racks these days?   The times I have only needed four or five foot of some box or pipe ir angle and as said i used to go in and after clearing to go down the store I could select what I wanted, put it on the scales and they would give me a price, often under a tenner, cash sale.

I used to wind the lady up at Midland by calling it scrap..."IT IS NOT SCRAP!!!!!! in a high pitched voice.  Then she would realise I had done it before.....

Edited by Walker570