thanks supergoose

ditchman

18 minutes ago, old'un said:

How the other half live, looks lovely mate, did you brown it off before cooking?

Same idea but with leeks and spuds is nice.

sure did ...thats the first pic before i added the sauce....i may well do it with leek and onion (pot roast) then do the sauce seperate and add a chicken stock cube to it......marco peirre white likes to chuck calverdos in it...but im not a big fan of that sort of booze cooking...i try to keep stuff back to its roots.....belly porkwas a cheap cut way back when and this is sort of the cooking a wife would do for her farmworker husband after a day on the land

34 minutes ago, old'un said:

You know it makes me smile when I hear on the news about people living in poverty and going hungry, I think most of it is these youngster have not got a clue how to cook.

Yet a cheap cut of meat can be turned into a nourishing tasteful meal with a bit of effort.

the asparagrass was a bit of extrvagance......i think it would have been better with finely cut cabbage (steamed) with a hunk of butter on it...then it would have been a cheapmeal.......ive only eaten half...the other half i will have with spinach and basmati rice tomorrow...

17 hours ago, ditchman said:

Supergoose gave me the inspiration to do this version of belly pork in cider and cream onions and mushrooms

served up with minted pots and aspargrass.............very very tasty

nosh.JPG

nosh 2.JPG

P1000589nosh.JPG

nosh 3.JPG

P1000593.JPG

Pork belly yum that looks very edible grand chef Dichy- though one is enquiring if the asparagus is for anything Β β€œspecial β€œΒ 

Agriv8

On 13/11/2022 at 15:16, ditchman said:

Supergoose gave me the inspiration to do this version of belly pork in cider and cream onions and mushrooms

served up with minted pots and aspargrass.............very very tasty

nosh.JPG

nosh 2.JPG

P1000589nosh.JPG

nosh 3.JPG

P1000593.JPG

That looks delicious ditchman πŸ˜‹ and I bet it tasted as good as it looks.

As for the sauce seperating! What I done was take the cider down by half ''reduced'' before swirling in the cream and let it simmer for a few minutes and it was fine. As long as it tasted good, that is what mattersπŸ‘