Remington 1100 Barrel sold pending

terence

Probably been asked before , can can SG barrels be sent without RFD interaction ?

Last time I bought such a barrel (from an RFD , he insisted it was sent to an RFD, and entered on ticket, some FEOs since have asked to see it , others arent interested.

Just curious.

When I have bought a gun with 2 sets of barrels, the extra barrels have never been an item on my Certificate. A barrel or barrels alone could not realistically be converted to make a gun  ? I have also sold a Beretta barrel on here without any RFD involvement. 

Edited by Westley

1 hour ago, Westley said:

When I have bought a gun with 2 sets of barrels, the extra barrels have never been an item on my Certificate. A barrel or barrels alone could not realistically be converted to make a gun  ? I have also sold a Beretta barrel on here without any RFD involvement. 

As I thought myself, yet this RFD was most insistent it went through an RFD, and was entered on my cert.
Like I say , some FEOs have asked where it is , and some say its not relevant .

If a private seller has a Barrel currently not entered on his/her certificate then as far as I am aware they can still sell it to anyone without issue or involvement of an RFD. If an RFD takes possession of a barrel then it MUST entered onto his register and then it MUST be entered on a certificate, thereafter it can only be sold face to face or via the RFD network. This is done due to a change in the interpretation of the act by the Police and it will in time make all Barrels on certificate.

Edited by sportsbob