Rizzini BR110 410/32

mgsontour

Had a real step back to my boyhood days today, my pal has just bought a Rizzini BR110 410 and it is the first time I've fired a 410 for over 40 years but wow it is some bit of kit lads; very impressive and he bought one with 32 inch barrels, I only fired a few shots through it and now want one!

LOL! When I sold my Boss in December 2021 I asked for £5000 and the AYA .410 No 4 Ejector on the dealer's website. Ended up £500 down on the deal so got £4500 plus the AYA but not at all unhappy with it. Now you've the fun of trying various loads. My tip? Eley .410 Trap work very well!

Edited by enfieldspares

2 hours ago, Fellside said:

Another vote for Eley Trap here. The 410 is much more capable than when I was a boy - cartridges have advanced so much since then. 

I bought my A&NCS Ltd .410 in 1981 and managed to buy 100 Winchester  ‘35 power’ 1/2 ounce load cartridges. They were old cartridges when I bought them, but I cannot guess at their year of manufacture. I was astounded at their performance compared to the Eley Fourlong 7/16 ounce cartridges I used 20 years previously. 
Or maybe I had actually learned to shoot in the meantime?

4 minutes ago, London Best said:

I bought my A&NCS Ltd .410 in 1981 and managed to buy 100 Winchester  ‘35 power’ 1/2 ounce load cartridges. They were old cartridges when I bought them, but I cannot guess at their year of manufacture. I was astounded at their performance compared to the Eley Fourlong 7/16 ounce cartridges I used 20 years previously. 

Probably a bit of both. When I was a boy I mainly shot at pigeons on branches with the 410. Even then they often just flapped and flew away. Mind you, it was an old service rifle bored out - so no choke and 2 inch cart’s. Now I sometimes shoot with my young son’s Yildiz 410 O/U and with the 14 gram Eley Trap, shooting pigeons (flying ones….!) is an absolute joy. 

16 hours ago, London Best said:

I think I learnt to shoot in the meantime too!!