IBCs as hides

My Pear Tree hide will not be used for at least a year so the farmer picked it up for me and put it in the silage pit area where I can control the pigeons, magpies, and corvids  feeding on the maize silage.  Works a treat and I can drag it on the concrete surface if necessarily and if it gets in the way the front end loader can lift it to a better spot.. These IBCs do make excellent weather proof hides. I cut the base off the plastic liner and then lift the rest up about a foot which makes a roof.  I cut one side out and male a door.  Permanent plastic garden chair and a p[iece of wood across as a shelf for the coffee and your good to go.   This one has seen the demise of a fair few tree rats in the last five years or so.

I also slot some 3x3 inch wood and make some legs as can be seen.

020.JPG

Edited by Walker570

thought you had rented it out to some refugee family..........bet it was hard getting an eviction order.....then you had to go thro'planning to apply for "change of use".....to allow 2nd home status....(dont forget to apply for lower tax ..as single occupancy now )

was it all worth it nev ?

Edited by ditchman

27 minutes ago, ditchman said:

thought you had rented it out to some refugee family..........bet it was hard getting an eviction order.....then you had to go thro'planning to apply for "change of use".....to allow 2nd home status....(dont forget to apply for lower tax ..as single occupancy now )

was it all worth it nev ?

I bet he still has to pay water rates for it too.

On 02/04/2023 at 09:14, 39TDS said:

Chap next door went all posh and replaced his ibc by burying an industrial wheelie bin next to his pond.

Popped the lid up to shoot at the ducks. 🤣

Seemed to be a 50:50 split over whether it was considered genius or bonkers.

That's fab, but it's definitely a 50/50 idea