BASC test report on non lead ammuntion

Well, non-lead certainly works VERY well in calibres above .243.

I have been using non-lead in .308 for shooting all my deer for quite a few years now, as required by a Wildlife Trust and Forestry Commission on their ground.  
Two of the early makes I used were very accurate, but expansion was virtually non-existent, so those were ditched. All others tried expand well and kill humanely.  
I now use 150 grain Nosler E-tip copper bullets where I am able to use my hand loaded ammunition.
Where I am obliged to use factory loads, ie: on FC ground, I am using RWS Evo green. These are 139 or 136 grain with a dual core. The rear core is copper with the front core being tin. The expansion is greater than the Nosler bullets and, so far, the rear copper core has always passed through. Accuracy is excellent. Only downside is the price.

I have been using almost exclusively non lead for about five years both in my 22 centrefire and up ro the awesome 375JDJ and amazingly if I do my job and put it in the right place things keep falling over. From foxes up to wild boar which felt like it was screwed to the ground when we tried to move it. As the Americans say...all one shot kills.

TTX and TTSX being my choice of projectile.

I tested copper thru my Howa .243 when non-lead started to rear its head a few years ago. It was difficult to even find a box to start with. When I did find some Federal the POI was not bad at all - about 1 inch high at 100m and stabilisation must have been pretty good as the group was an inch and the holes circular.

I did, however, start to hear anecdotal evidence of copper not working as well as lead for standard heart/lung shots on the bigger species so when an opportunity for lovely 6.5x55 arose I took the chance to change up. 

I asked local professionals and they have switched to .308 where they were using smaller calibres.

I think it would be a real shame if folk were not able to carry on using lead for meat for their personal use. I also think it unwise to ask for a specific timescale extension as that brings a finality into the situation, rather the extension should be until such time as viable non-lead is available in affected calibres.