Interesting weekend…maybe?

Scully

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

None, ....wheres the logic in most things now days. most of the fishing is done by young men with families, half my business is reliant on seafood. there will be trouble if they try and implement these plans.🙄

Understandable. Have those responsible explained how people affected are supposed to make an alternative means of income? 

Unfortunately I've noticed a lot of young people at university are latching on to environmentalism, becoming vegan etc and of course never going 30s without mentioning it. I do find it funny though that they are still more than happy to take a transatlantic flight to America for a conference or try and get a lift in my car though, a sort of environmentalism on demand.

On 22/04/2023 at 07:37, Scully said:

The ironic thing about that comment is that there are some people in the world living just like that; maybe not in caves, but it’s certainly ‘off grid’ and none of them are living but merely existing, and they don’t like it; they want what we have. 
It amuses me when folk say they are living ‘off grid’, when in fact the reality is that they have so much money they can afford to build a house so well insulated ( such as passiv or even Tradis ) with photo-voltaic panels, heat exchangers etc etc, that their dependence on utilities is a fraction of what is usual. They aren’t interested in saving the planet, but very interested in saving money. There is a little colony in Findhorn whom sit around campfires on balmy summer nights singing happy-clappy songs while congratulating themselves for saving the world…..but I ( and a few others ) know. 🤫
Some of the biggest hypocrites I’ve met are the so called ‘greens’. 

Good post. To live "green" while maintaining a privileged way of life requires an awful lot of resources and money. Anyone can be green if living like a caveman (which is what I suspect a lot of the environmental extremists want).

4 hours ago, Houseplant said:

Good post. To live "green" while maintaining a privileged way of life requires an awful lot of resources and money. Anyone can be green if living like a caveman (which is what I suspect a lot of the environmental extremists want).

Exactly. 👍