Simple planning permission drawing

mgsontour

Good morning all and wonder if someone could help me please. I would like to drop my old single detached garage at home and replace it with a double plus storage. Space is no problem and the neighbours have done similar when the extended their house which involved an architect. I've heard I don't need an architect and 'just do the drawing myself' but don't know how to, is their some software to use or what do I do? Thanks in advance.

Many years back I did the drawings for a large but single door garage to the rear of our property. It went through OK and I’m sure it was because I borrowed a set of drawings from a neighbour who had done something similar and I was able to incorporate all the features / descriptions the planners would look for. If your neighbours have done similar then see if you can borrow their drawings to guide you. Good Luck.

5 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Many years back I did the drawings for a large but single door garage to the rear of our property. It went through OK and I’m sure it was because I borrowed a set of drawings from a neighbour who had done something similar and I was able to incorporate all the features / descriptions the planners would look for. If your neighbours have done similar then see if you can borrow their drawings to guide you. Good Luck.

Next doors plans will be online 😉 good idea 👍👍

If you need planning permission at all, you will need to submit a site plan at 1-1250 scale, existing and proposed elevation drawings at 1-50 scale as well as photos, but it is worth checking if you can proceed with the project under permitted development regs 

If the neighbours' alterations required planning permission, you should be able to see their drawings on the local authority website.   Also worth looking any other recent planning applications in your area, as there is a fair chance that other people have had similar work done.

https://www.blackpool.gov.uk/Residents/Planning-environment-and-community/Planning/Planning-applications/View-planning-applications.aspx

Building regs too if it's over  30m2 (i think). I used to draw these things flat roof single storey extensions too but they looked carp. You can add value to your house by creating something of visual as well as floor space value. It's worth getting it done properly if you live in a location where value can be added. 

Edited by oowee