Why do I always get them

countryman

Posting on from my earlier question on EBay fees selling a car, the car sold and the winning bidder called me, turned out to be someone who had contacted me while the auction was running to buy now at the reserve and end auction, I said no but he is now the winning ebayer, first thing he says to me on the phone is what do I actually have to pay, I said what you have bid and won is what you’re paying, he’s from the Birmingham area and is coming down one day this week to be confirmed, I fear this is not going to go well.

33 minutes ago, countryman said:

Posting on from my earlier question on EBay fees selling a car, the car sold and the winning bidder called me, turned out to be someone who had contacted me while the auction was running to buy now at the reserve and end auction, I said no but he is now the winning ebayer, first thing he says to me on the phone is what do I actually have to pay, I said what you have bid and won is what you’re paying, he’s from the Birmingham area and is coming down one day this week to be confirmed, I fear this is not going to go well.

Oh dear ,your seldom wrong when you get that bad feeling,  good luck.

If you’re worried can you cancel the transaction?

give eBay a message. 

failing that if you are going ahead please make sure you have a couple of mates around to watch the transaction and any other parties that tag along. I would meet in a supermarket filling station if you can’t round up some mates 

Yes and ALWAYS have him get out of the car first and get into the car last. Not unknown for a test drive and, as you get out, for them to lean across from the passenger seat and operate the central locking. Also meet where you can see who arrives and how they arrive. The very very far end of a supermarket carpark, the empty end where no one parks, and so where they have to drive to you. The tell them they can follow you, in their car, into its filling station. If they are there early and "came in a mates car" and that car isn't to be seen? Avoid!

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, countryman said:

Your not the only one ebay is absolutely full of them!

I sold a engine for spares or repairs  four times on ebay twice they did buy it now just to ask questions which had already been posted in the add . 

The third " i clicked buy it now by accident & confirmed it by accident ".... would you take less for it tho 

Fourth buyer " you send to me in Romania " clearly states collection only due to size & weight it's a f#ckin car engine for Christ sake 

Fifth time lucky after back & fourth offers he sent a courier from Buckingham to stockport to collect it & it all finally went smoothly! 

Thanks for the advice, I am pretty sure EBay have given him my address for collecting, if I don’t hear from him today I will call him about payment and collection or I will cancel the sale, you just know I am in for a car load of people turning up, probably be on my own as well.