Horse Chestnut saplings

steve_b_wales

I have approx 30 (so far) of the above saplings, which are now ready to move on (either plant out or in bigger containers.

I don't want anything for them, but ask if postage be covered. They will be sent 1st class next day delivery.

Let me know asap.

Steve.

Edited by steve_b_wales

this desease horse chesnuts get......do the trees recover from it ?........the reason i ask is the trees ive seen so far this year look amazingly healthy.....full of leaf ...big bunches of flowers....the boughs seem heavy with the ammount of greenery......whereas in the last few years the trees that i have seen are very poorly ....weeping and oozing stuff stalky tips to the branches....................just looks so different this year !!

31 minutes ago, ditchman said:

this desease horse chesnuts get......do the trees recover from it ?........the reason i ask is the trees ive seen so far this year look amazingly healthy.....full of leaf ...big bunches of flowers....the boughs seem heavy with the ammount of greenery......whereas in the last few years the trees that i have seen are very poorly ....weeping and oozing stuff stalky tips to the branches....................just looks so different this year !!

Hopefully, yes. The saplings I'm offering have come from healthy Oaks. 

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

There's two. The oozing one kills the tree eventually. The one where the leaves go brown and fall off early doesn't I'm led to believe. That's Horse Chestnut not Oak

15 hours ago, bottletopbill said:

Hi Steve.

Do you want some more acorns this year when they are around.

Hope the ones I sent last year was ok great thing you are doing 👍

As my club as a lovely tree and healthy (Bromley Kent) area

Bill

Yes please, I would appreciate them. Quite a few of the ones you sent me last year have started to germinate, and hopefully, will continue to do so.

Thanks

Steve.

10 hours ago, shotgun tim said:

have you any left ? il take some iv 3/4 acre garden so plenty space 

PM sent.

1 hour ago, bottletopbill said:

OK consider it done  as every time i look at my grandsons Christmas tree growing reminds me.

I will never see him grow as i have with my other grand children. 👍

Same here, Bill. My son would now be 34 years old, 14 when I lost him. There are some tree's local to me that were planted in his memory and it's good to see them. Since I started growing trees (my son and I used to do this together) I have estimated that I have sent out 1400+ since 2004, and I hope to continue this for as long as I possibly can. 

Edited by steve_b_wales

Hope every one who gets a tree from you as the pleasure we do from a tree.

These trees will see us out but a least we played a part hope other members take part and send you some.

Seeds being sent from one part of the country then posted around  to various parts of the country  .

And because you cared and done something to make it better.

Thank you