Pcp Air Compressor

Anthony 666

I ended up with the Tuxing txet061-2

watched loads off vids and I’ve got to be honest it isn’t as noisy as people make out, bit fiddly on the connections but managed to cobble something together and filled the r12 bottle very quickly 

I for one think it’s very good value 

• 2 weeks later...

By bottle has just gone out of date so requires a new test, the nearest place to me is 50 miles away and they won't test while I wait, so thats 50 miles back and then the same again when I go to pick it up, a total of 200 miles, so thats about £40 in fuel and another £40 for the test, I can see the advantage it buying a compressor and getting it posted to me.

20 minutes ago, ratchers said:

By bottle has just gone out of date so requires a new test, the nearest place to me is 50 miles away and they won't test while I wait, so thats 50 miles back and then the same again when I go to pick it up, a total of 200 miles, so thats about £40 in fuel and another £40 for the test, I can see the advantage it buying a compressor and getting it posted to me.

Hello, is there no one nearer 🤔, I'm still thinking on a compressor, let us know if you get one 👍

I purchased the Wulf model from Optics warehouse, I read the chinglish instruction manual from cover to cover, about only using it on a PCP bottle etc

I Installed a Vibration activated hours meter, and managed to get 3.4 hours out of it until it expired, I went through the warranty returns procedure with Optics warehouse 

He asked me to try several things despite me telling him I am a Vehicle Mechanic, so I know a Knackered sound when I hear it, then he said what are you setting the cut off temperature at, I said I have left it to the Default setting which was 85C he said it should be set for 45C, so I asked him to show me the page in the Manual where it says 45c

He couldn't find it, also you have to manually start the cooling fan, after starting the compressor itself. So I have been sent a New one, and followed his instruction of setting the temp cut off to 45c and it's been OK so far. But it's very slow.

I have been using it to top up my Rifle whilst out Ratting, so it is useful for that, but seeing has I have 12 Air rifles I use a lot of Air, so I bit the Bullet and purchased a Hill EC3000 which is light years ahead of the Wulf ( Tuxing ) compressor, Takes around 3 minutes to take the 500 cc bottle on my rifle from 170 bar to 250 bar Plus you can fill up to a 7 litre dive bottle according to the instructions.

So in conclusion the Wulf does a Job, but the Hill EC3000 does it much better, and you can get all the spares for it should it go wrong and its Made in the UK.

On 20/06/2023 at 10:34, Kev1gun said:

I purchased the Wulf model from Optics warehouse, I read the chinglish instruction manual from cover to cover, about only using it on a PCP bottle etc

I Installed a Vibration activated hours meter, and managed to get 3.4 hours out of it until it expired, I went through the warranty returns procedure with Optics warehouse 

He asked me to try several things despite me telling him I am a Vehicle Mechanic, so I know a Knackered sound when I hear it, then he said what are you setting the cut off temperature at, I said I have left it to the Default setting which was 85C he said it should be set for 45C, so I asked him to show me the page in the Manual where it says 45c

He couldn't find it, also you have to manually start the cooling fan, after starting the compressor itself. So I have been sent a New one, and followed his instruction of setting the temp cut off to 45c and it's been OK so far. But it's very slow.

I have been using it to top up my Rifle whilst out Ratting, so it is useful for that, but seeing has I have 12 Air rifles I use a lot of Air, so I bit the Bullet and purchased a Hill EC3000 which is light years ahead of the Wulf ( Tuxing ) compressor, Takes around 3 minutes to take the 500 cc bottle on my rifle from 170 bar to 250 bar Plus you can fill up to a 7 litre dive bottle according to the instructions.

So in conclusion the Wulf does a Job, but the Hill EC3000 does it much better, and you can get all the spares for it should it go wrong and its Made in the UK.

very useful information,thanks.

• 2 months later...

I've had my New Warrior 300 bar 240v compressor for three years now.  It's given stirling service so far.  I paid £134 Inc delivery for it on eBay so quite frankly it was a superb buy.  The supplied water pump to recirculate the cooling water is a waste of time.  I connect directly to an outside tap and run the water to waste and it runs much cooler. It handles dive bottles with alacrity being mains powered rather than 12v  (cannot see the point of a 12v model as they only recommend filling guns and not bottles}. It tops up a 300 bar 7litre bottle from 180bar in 20 minutes.  I did add an extra larger inline filter though as I believe it be essential.  It is amazing how many of my old club mates just happened to have their empty bottle with them and called in just to see how I was doing. 🤣. About the same as I was a couple of days prior at the club...

With refills about the £9 mark now locally a compressor is a no brainer.   Change filters and oil at the correct intervals and follow the correct start up and shut down procedure and you will have no worries. 

Edited by Guest
Spelling correction.

On 30/05/2023 at 15:17, sportsbob said:

I know, I also know someone who wrecked the regulator in an FX using one and I have also measured the moisture content in the after filter after filling a 500cc air bottle, much like and airbag in a car is designed to save your life but you still wear a seat belt

My compressor the New Warrior comes with one internal filter and one inline filter but fitting the additional inline carbon oil/water separator for an additional £20 is well worth the peace of mind.  Mines been running and very well used for three years now at an initial cost of £134 del.  It is very well built indeed.

On 21/05/2023 at 09:41, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, plenty of info on the AGF forum, there was a deal on Amazon for less than £50,  most are made in the same factories and rebranded, some have a better warranty, UK based eBay sellers , much depends on budget, 

Hello, just posted on AGF of a compressor exploding so be careful 🤔

I've had my New Warrior 300 bar 240v compressor for three years now. It's given stirling service so far. I paid £134 Inc delivery for it on eBay so quite frankly it was a superb buy. The supplied water pump to recirculate the cooling water is a waste of time. I connect directly to an outside tap and run the water to waste and it runs much cooler. It handles dive bottles with alacrity being mains powered rather than 12v (cannot see the point of a 12v model as they only recommend filling guns and not bottles}. It tops up a 300 bar 7litre bottle from 180bar in 20 minutes. I did add an extra larger inline filter though as I believe it be essential. It is amazing how many of my old club mates just happened to have their empty bottle with them and called in just to see how I was doing. 🤣. About the same as I was a couple of days prior at the club...

The New Warrior comes with one internal filter and one inline filter but fitting the additional inline carbon oil/water separator for an additional £20 is well worth the peace of mind. Mines been running and very well used for three years now I consider it to be very well built indeed.

With refills about the £9 mark now locally a compressor is a no brainer. Change filters and oil at the correct intervals and follow the correct start up and shut down procedure and you will have no worries. 

On 23/05/2023 at 11:55, scarecrow243 said:

i don't know why i have not had any thing that's been broking and delivery is fast

Amazon, though not a good company to work for, have never failed me in regards of returning items.  In fact I have found the refund to be in my account within five minutes off my return being processed in the system.  Very often they just tell you to keep the item and they send a new one out.  That happened with an air fryer that was simply missing a crisping tray and a decent electric spray gun. The delivery times are brilliant and the prices usually cheaper than eBay.  I rarely buy anywhere else.  It simply isn't worth the hassle of traipsing around the shops in the hope of finding what you need when it can be delivered by 1pm the following day.