"im mainly chick&vedge hotpot"

ditchman

had some left over vedge and a couple of chick' thighs...so i thought why not....dont like food waste......and i tell you what it was bloody tasty had a couple of slices of brown bread&butter wiv it an all

ice cream and tinned pears for afters when the sun goes down

P1000777 hot p.jpg

P1000778 hot p.jpg

P1000780 hot p.jpg

P1000782 hot p.jpg

59 minutes ago, JKD said:

You do manage to produce some very tasty looking plates of food,,,, proper nourishing healthy old style grub !!! 😋😁

i had the rest of it just now ...and a side plate of sparrowgrass....latered with butter and a sprinkle of maldon crispy salt

proberly have something out of a tin tomorrow

On 11/06/2023 at 15:14, ditchman said:

had some left over vedge and a couple of chick' thighs...so i thought why not....dont like food waste......and i tell you what it was bloody tasty had a couple of slices of brown bread&butter wiv it an all

ice cream and tinned pears for afters when the sun goes down

P1000777 hot p.jpg

P1000778 hot p.jpg

P1000780 hot p.jpg

P1000782 hot p.jpg

😉😉😉👍👍👍👍😋😋😋😋

Again looks like good honest hearty fare. The best kind of food IMO

When tinned fruit is mentioned, my mind reverts back to Kenzie Thorpes story about Jame's Robertson Justice. Opening the tins and drinking the syrup before throwing the tin and fruit away. Think it was pineapples but stand to be corrected on that. 

PS My late father was a great lover of tinned fruit. Very handy to have in the store cupoard. Pears especially as most you buy fresh are as hard as a goats knee and often go off before being consumed.

56 minutes ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Again looks like good honest hearty fare. The best kind of food IMO

When tinned fruit is mentioned, my mind reverts back to Kenzie Thorpes story about Jame's Robertson Justice. Opening the tins and drinking the syrup before throwing the tin and fruit away. Think it was pineapples but stand to be corrected on that. 

PS My late father was a great lover of tinned fruit. Very handy to have in the store cupoard. Pears especially as most you buy fresh are as hard as a goats knee and often go off before being consumed.

sometimes i use only tinned vedge for stews and casseroles....people larf and turntheir nose up....which is wrong ...as most tinned stuff contains more vitamins and natuarl good stuff than older fresh stuff...............

i eat a lot of tinned fruit as i have lost so many teef..

On 13/06/2023 at 14:43, ditchman said:

sometimes i use only tinned vedge for stews and casseroles....people larf and turntheir nose up....which is wrong ...as most tinned stuff contains more vitamins and natuarl good stuff than older fresh stuff...............

i eat a lot of tinned fruit as i have lost so many teef..

I've never thought about using tinned vegetables but saying that some of the "fresh" vegetables you get from Lidl need eating before you get home or they have gone off. I do buy frozen fish as they reckon the "fresh" can be 4 days old.

Next trip to the supermarket I will be buying tinned fruit 😉