99% for lab creation of covid

islandgun

Why do I need to be aware of what others are doing regarding testing? 

No its just a strange thing to say, obviously in a country of country of around 60 million people some will still be testing. 

Scully I wasn’t aware people were still testing

Edited by ordnance

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Scully said:

Why do I need to be aware of what others are doing regarding testing? 

We threw ours out.
I mean ‘why’ are you testing? 
It’s entirely up to the individual of course, I just don’t see the point. 🤷‍♂️

To avoid infecting my 87 year old mother and 90 year old FIL.

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

Quite probably, but why? 

Maybe so they can take precautions not to pass it on to others for who it could be dangerous. For example my friend and his wife were having elderly grandparents round for dinner, both of them had flu like symptoms they took the test and both were positive so dinner was put off. 

I get the not wanting to infect elderly relatives, I just don’t get the obsession with testing. It doesn’t achieve anything. 
I can only assume that in the absence of a test some folk are willing to give elderly relatives flu? 
Before covid, no one needed a test to decide that giving what you thought was the onset of flu to elderly relatives a bad idea, we just relied on common sense. 

I get the not wanting to infect elderly relatives, I just don’t get the obsession with testing. It doesn’t achieve anything. 

Covid can give cold like symptoms, so i would rather know what i had then i could then make decisions based on that knowledge. But if you see no point fine if others do also fine. 

37 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Covid can give cold like symptoms, so i would rather know what i had then i could then make decisions based on that knowledge. But if you see no point fine if others do also fine. 

Just like the common cold you can be infectious for days prior to showing symptoms, so by the time you’ve tested you could already have infected many. 🤷‍♂️

That’s why there’s no point; it’s too late. 

14 hours ago, Scully said:

I can only assume that in the absence of a test some folk are willing to give elderly relatives flu? 
Before covid, no one needed a test to decide that giving what you thought was the onset of flu to elderly relatives a bad idea, we just relied on common sense. 

No I wouldn't pass on Flu either knowingly, I didn't have Flu like symptoms.  No temperature.

Edited by Weihrauch17

20 hours ago, Scully said:

Just like the common cold you can be infectious for days prior to showing symptoms, so by the time you’ve tested you could already have infected many. 🤷‍♂️

That’s why there’s no point; it’s too late. 

You could be going somewhere when having symptoms, knowing it was a cold or Covid could influence your decision. You don't have to see what the point is, people can decide for themselves.

Edited by ordnance

4 hours ago, ordnance said:

You could be going somewhere when having symptoms, knowing it was a cold or Covid could influence your decision. You don't have to see what the point is, people can decide for themselves.

Indeed. But you may have infected numerous folk before you experienced symptoms, making your decision irrelevant dependant on whom you are visiting and the result of a test. 🤷‍♂️

Like I said, pointless. 

21 hours ago, Scully said:

Indeed. But you may have infected numerous folk before you experienced symptoms, making your decision irrelevant dependant on whom you are visiting and the result of a test. 🤷‍♂️

Like I said, pointless. 

Yes you could have infected numerous folk before experiencing symptoms nothing you can do about that, but on have symptoms that could be a cold or Covid knowing could give you chance to take precautions not to infect more. So i would see infecting ten people better that infecting 20, but again its peoples choice thay can take a test or not, that does not depent on wheather you see the point or not. 

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

Yes you could have infected numerous folk before experiencing symptoms nothing you can do about that, but on have symptoms that could be a cold or Covid knowing could give you chance to take precautions not to infect more. So i would see infecting ten people better that infecting 20, but again its peoples choice thay can take a test or not, that does not depent on wheather you see the point or not. 

Eh? None of that makes sense. 
So it’s ok to infect some but not others while you decide you have symptoms or not? 
If folk are so anal about not infecting others to the extent they’re still testing, then they should be wearing surgical masks as part of their daily routine, and that isn’t even an obligation in GP’s surgeries nor hospitals. 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

So it’s ok to infect some but not others while you decide you have symptoms or not? 
If folk are so anal about not infecting others to the extent they’re still testing, then they should be wearing surgical masks as part of their daily routine, and that isn’t even an obligation in GP’s surgeries nor hospitals. 🤷‍♂️

Some infections infections can't be avoided, but if you have symptons take a test and find its Covid you can if you wish take action to avoid infecting others, it's not a difficult concept to grasp. And as i keep on saying people will make their own decessions weather it makes sense to you or not, why do you even care what other people do if its not affecting you.

Edited by ordnance

2 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Some infections infections can't be avoided, but if you have symptons take a test and find its Covid you can if you wish take action to avoid infecting others. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. And as i keep on saying people will make their own decessions, weather it makes sense to you or not, why do you even care what other people do. 

I don’t care; I’m just saying testing is pointless and totally illogical unless you’re going to carry on as we did in lockdown.

If folk aren’t prepared to do that then testing is totally pointless. 

That’s not too difficult to grasp either. 

If folk are so anal about not infecting others to the extent they’re still testing, then they should be wearing surgical masks as part of their daily routine, and that isn’t even an obligation in GP’s surgeries nor hospitals.

That's like saying if you are so anal about not being injured in a car accident that you wear a seat belt, you should wearing a crash hemlet crash hemlet as well or not even drive. 

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Just to pick one point of this, and point out an observation....

I'm just getting through a chest infection. Managed to get to see a duty nurse at my surgery. I was coughing a lot and did so right in her face [for which I apologised]. She didn't even flinch ! I had no request to wear a mask and COVID wasn't even mentioned,,,, go figure 🤷😆

11 hours ago, ordnance said:

That's like saying if you are so anal about not being injured in a car accident that you wear a seat belt, you should wearing a crash hemlet crash hemlet as well or not even drive. 

Well not really. People ( in the instances we’re discussing here ) have taken tests to avoid infecting others, whereas you wear a seat belt to avoid injuring yourself, plus the fact we are obliged to wear a seat belt by law, and it’s far from pointless. 

11 hours ago, JKD said:

Just to pick one point of this, and point out an observation....

I'm just getting through a chest infection. Managed to get to see a duty nurse at my surgery. I was coughing a lot and did so right in her face [for which I apologised]. She didn't even flinch ! I had no request to wear a mask and COVID wasn't even mentioned,,,, go figure 🤷😆

Quite. OH’s Mam has just had a knee replaced; hospital didn’t mention testing for covid but were very keen she didn’t bring MSRA into the hospital. She had to follow a set regime for several days prior to admission. 

On 08/09/2023 at 19:02, Newbie to this said:

No, do you?

Colds help kill many people every year, mainly old and those with underlying health issues, same as covid did/does.

How many people are admitted to hospital or die with the with the common cold very few i would suggest. But if you can't handle reality and want to bury your head in the sand feel free.

The number of hospital admissions for Covid-19 was colossal during the first two outbreaks of the pandemic and rose to over 70,000 in January 2021. 

Edited by ordnance

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

How many people are admitted to hospital or die with the with the common cold very few i would suggest. But if you can't handle reality and want to bury your head in the sand feel free.

🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱