HIKMICRO THUNDER 35mm Ultimate (thermal scope)

steve_b_wales

I'm on the verge of purchasing the above at a very good price (a few £100 cheaper than other dealers) and would like to know if anyone has used one, especially as a front add on? It would be mainly used on my .243 for Fox, and, if possible (I realise that I would have to adjust the settings) it would also me used on my .22LR.

At present, I use a Vulpine Mk3 NV in conjunction with a Pulsar Key 30 thermal spotter, but have always wanted to own a thermal scope/add on.

Any views/comment on this would be most welcome.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

i have never wanted a thermal scope as i prefer nv scopes  i just got a infiray td 50l and its brilliant even without using an ir torch

To be honest, I love using my Vulpine Mk3 NV with a Solaris SRX ir, but I've always fancied either a dedicated thermal scope or an add on. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

How you getting on with the new scope Steve ?

Hi Gordon,

I've been away for a few days so haven't had chance to try it out yet. I hope to do so in due course and will add my views on it soon.

Steve.

3 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Steve I use thermal not a problem identifying  fox with it I put a video on lamping fox on FB this week   take a look 

Thanks. I've used my thermal spotter to identify many animals including fox. sheep and rabbits. I'm hoping that when I attach the Thunder to one of my rifles (possibly my .22 Hornet) and get it syncronised with the scope, all will be good. That's the main reason I bought it. I can fit it to other scopes as long as I remember the 'X/Y' settings for each one. 

22 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

Am I correct in thinking this is a stand alone thermal scope that can also be used as an add on? 

Yes you are correct. The 'ultimate' package consists of a thermal spotter, a front add on and also a stand alone scope. Everything is included. I chose a 40mm scope clamp with fits up to 50mm and then another 50mm one to fit up to 58mm. I have read that there's a sytem called Ruson scope clamp and reducing ring. According to the write up, it's a better system as you 'won't lose zero' if adding/removing the front add on. Not cheap though and I'm looking into it. I plan on using the Thunder as an stand alone scope on my .22 Hornet and then a front add on for my .243/ .204.

Edited by steve_b_wales