Help ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

My pal has a BSA Ultra which he had serviced by a well known firm a few months back and all has been well.

But today it has seized up for want of a better term he can't even get the mag out.  Any ideas chaps 

Thanks all..

1 hour ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

My pal has a BSA Ultra which he had serviced by a well known firm a few months back and all has been well.

But today it has seized up for want of a better term he can't even get the mag out.  Any ideas chaps 

Thanks all..

Sounds like the banjo bolt has come loose, that's what happened to my R10, I had to damage my mag to get it out, then sent the gun force repair and service. 

It could be a jammed pellet 

This happens with short pellets or slugs .

The magazine oring may have snapped jamming the bolt from returning 

Or as mice said   the bolt banjo has fome loose/ snapped this will mean you can't pull the bolt back. 

My mate had had some work done an they replaced the standard banjo for an after market one it failed within a few weeks .he put a bsa one back in .

Edited by Ultrastu

If the gun is still loaded I'd ask the company to arrange collection .as sending it loaded in the post is a big no no ..

If the bolt lifts and drops with no resistance  or it won't lift at all /very difficult  then it's very likely to be the banjo .and will need to be returned its a complicated fix .

Which model of ultra is it .? 

Mmc  single / multi 

Se  single/ multi 

Clx .

Just received a text from my pal and apparently  there were 2 pellets stuck in the barrel and 1 jammed in the mag.

After a lot of faffing about it is all back in working order.

Thanks for all replies.

3 minutes ago, samboy said:

Just received a text from my pal and apparently  there were 2 pellets stuck in the barrel and 1 jammed in the mag.

After a lot of faffing about it is all back in working order.

Thanks for all replies.

What have you been doing?

And what pellets? I'm guessing short ones like Stu said,  or loading with the barrel pointed upwards can cause problems. 

Just spoke to my pal and it is an ultra max se 10 shot.  He has been using qiang yuan sports diabolo pellets for 2 years.

He seems to think he never shut the bolt properly so damaged the pellet causing it to stick in the barrel and it just escalated from there.

He has just put 20 pellets through the rifle and all seems well now.

Once again thanks for all advice.