Before the rain

yickdaz

Shot the stubble field I made a good bag on 2 weeks ago not a lot moving at 12pm when I got there there was crows on the deck but no flightlines not a sign of a pigeon so looked the other side of the farm again crows on 2  cut grass fields I  had a choice of fields to shoot crows on but I wanted some pigeons so back to the stubble to see if any pigeons had arrived and like turning on a tap they started flighting at 1pm  the crows were still there as well so set pigeon and crow decoys  up  it was a carbon copy of the previous shoot a mix of corvids and pigeons  had a great  3 hrs of quality shooting then the rain started heavy at 4pm so no choice but to pack up ended with 40 woodies and 30 mixed corvids 

601315743_image-edit-202307081815142.jpg.93af4da1c3b12bb9da686885aac92b11.jpg

Great few hours there, the weather is the bane of our lives at times…..had many a day cut short with heavy rain, very frustrating and always when things are going well! 
Looking forward to getting back out myself, but looking at the forecast it’s rather unsettled for the next week or two (that I can see). 

Three hours of high quality shooting and a pity that the rain brought it to a close , we had a weather warning ( one of many just lately ) and up to now we didn't get any , I only had a short sleeve shirt on and it was wet with sweat , I was using Gamebore Velocity 28gms  7 1/2 shot and over decoys they are as good as any thing I have used , very little recoil and will kill a fair way out , next week should be changeable with rain on and off , not good news for those farmers who are going to make a start , unlike last year when we never had a wet day for the duration of the harvest and I believe they went 30 days without a break , cannot see that happening this year , but who knows ?

i was swapping between the 12g and steel for pigeons and a  .410 19g 7 1/2 for the crows  and i folded some of them up at silly range for what a .410 is supposed to be capable of if I said the ranges some of them come down people would say I'm exaggerating