Fx wildcat mk1 opinions please

rayo

Afternoon guys I'm currently pondering on trading in my hw97. 177 towards a used fx. 22 wildcat mk1. My other pcps are Hw100 and bsa r10se both in. 177 so I fancy using a. 22 for a change and input on a wildcat would be greatly received thanks. Mrs says why do you need that many guns for but she doesn't understand this shooting bug many of us seem to have 😅

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I think @bruno22rf had a wildcat, seem to think he didn't get on with it because of the scope height, I could be wrong though?

Your'e on the money as usual Mice. Good looking guns but terrible build quality once you remove the stock plus the scope sits far too high above the barrel, you need to be bang on with range estimation and trajectory or any targets 5 yards either side of your zero are a lottery. The S410/510 are totally boring, but miles ahead of the Wildcat at every level.  

So as much as I hate agreeing with bruno . A sub 12  .22 bullpup can make  range to target critical . But as for reliability  .my .25 cal had been nothing but spot on for the last 8 years . Never skipped a beat and its awesome out to 100 yds .then again I've never messed with mine . Hardly  even taken the stock off .this I think may be crucial  to the reliability . Of the one your looking at looks like it's been played with (especially the reg ) I'd leave alone  this goes for most fx guns to be fair and especially  the impacts  .

My 2p worth .

11 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

you need to be bang on with range estimation and trajectory or any targets 5 yards

It was that bit that stuck in my head 👍

11 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

So as much as I hate agreeing with bruno

Always worth a giggle 😃 

@rayo nothing wrong with a .22 I've got two, just maybe avoid this one👍

without wanting to hijack the thread....

I have my scope deliberately mounted high on the 22. Just shy of 3"

Range to 15yds is a challenge but 15-45yds is 0.6 mildots with an apogee at 25yds.

Edited by Mr.C