Adaware

VicW

I know several folk on here use 'Adaware' to stop unwanted ads from appearing. I have read reports whereby users complained of it adding unwanted content to their computer. Would any users care to comment on its performance? Where did you get 'Adaware' from.?

Thanks in advance. Vic.

17 hours ago, VicW said:

I know several folk on here use 'Adaware' to stop unwanted ads from appearing. I have read reports whereby users complained of it adding unwanted content to their computer. Would any users care to comment on its performance? Where did you get 'Adaware' from.?

Thanks in advance. Vic.

I used to use Adaware (on my laptop/desktop) - then it seemed to go through a 'bad patch' where it seemed to block more than just ads ........... so I switched to uBlock Origin, which I still use.

I use Firefox as a browser and download the extension to add uBlock origin via the Firefox Tools/Add ons and Themes tabs - and search for uBlock origin.

On my iPhone and iPad I use Adaware Adblock Plus - which I get from the Apple (i.e. approved) App store.  Works well on some sites and not so well on others, but I do most of my internet stuff on the laptop/desktop rather than phone/pad.

Edited by JohnfromUK
Corrected Adaware to Adblock Plus

On 15/08/2023 at 13:23, VicW said:

I think I may have meant 'Adblock' so any opinions on it please.

Regards, Vic.

I've used Adblock for several years now across several laptops. I get on with it fine but YouTube have changed their reaction to ad blockers and are preventing people like myself from viewing their videos so i've had to allow ads.....until Adblock catch up and get past their security.