Doctors form with renewal

Rst1990

Good evening 

I have received my renewal pack from my local constabulary and inside it has a form in which I give it to my gp to fill out it also states I can use a private gp to sign it etc.

my question is has anybody used any private company that will fill in the form, I would use my gp but they are so overrun I know I won’t get it back for weeks.

looking online I see a few company’s advertising they do it but would like any recommendations.

thanks 

Because your doctors say they are "overrun" does not mean they really are, where cash is involved you may find it works wonders. My doctors cant see anyone for months poor things but did my renewal form in a couple of days when £70 cash was involved.

56 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

A quick search on this section of the Forum should throw up a couple. I used Medcert, who were fine, but they appear to be struggling with volume at the moment.

I’ll be honest the search function is bringing bits up over 2 years nothing recent.

what do you mean by struggling with volume? 

17 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Because your doctors say they are "overrun" does not mean they really are, where cash is involved you may find it works wonders. My doctors cant see anyone for months poor things but did my renewal form in a couple of days when £70 cash was involved.

I know what you mean, thing is they told me they can’t gaurentee anything so last resort me thinks 👍🏻

I used "Shotgun Medicals" based on the Wirral about three years ago and had a turnaround with no issues in a couple of weeks with a cost of £45. A google search today shows up a 404 error on their website and cannot be sure if they are still offering this service. The company does have a facebook page however, I do not have a farcebook account.

It would appear that there are quite a few companies offering this service now from a google search.

18 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Thats because it took him/her more time to find his/her pen than fill the form in ...

Edited by miki

Yeah Medcert went Radio Silence in July but you do need to give them 4 weeks.  my issue was the order status updated to records received from my doctor and sat at being prepared to send to medcert DR for a couple of weeks and never heard back from any comms.  eventually they called back and explained they had people off long term sick and were busy.  but they sent my form by email later that day so all good in the end.   I think if you are doing it in plenty of time should be no issue if you are running low on time i would perhaps try another one of the firms doing it just for now.