Mice!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Confident start from England. No sign of an emotional hangover from last weekend. Argentina look slightly toothless right now

Showing their fangs now though ! Discipline lacking for any sort of real threat.

England started well, but then tried being too clever and cute.

Didn't take long for Smith to get found out again at Fullback,  why oh why are they bothering, look at NZ, FR, SA their full backs play with flair, like another 10, but Freddie was brilliant last week,  Smith isn't good enough to start at ten, so leave him on the bench.

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

This game is reminding me just how good Curry and Underhill are as a pairing at 6 and 7!

Their double tackle on the 7 was great, then the Argies start whining about having it checked, the tackle was perfect. 

1 minute ago, JKD said:

How was that try allowed after an obvious foreword pass ?!

They showed it clear as a bell in the replay,  then quickly moved on 🙄

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

England started well, but then tried being too clever and cute.

Didn't take long for Smith to get found out again at Fullback,  why oh why are they bothering, look at NZ, FR, SA their full backs play with flair, like another 10, but Freddie was brilliant last week,  Smith isn't good enough to start at ten, so leave him on the bench.

Their double tackle on the 7 was great, then the Argies start whining about having it checked, the tackle was perfect. 

They showed it clear as a bell in the replay,  then quickly moved on 🙄

Aren't the bods in the video ref 'van/truck' supposed to be on the lookout for misdemeanors ? Obviously not ALL misdemeanors 🤔

13 minutes ago, JKD said:

Aren't the bods in the video ref 'van/truck' supposed to be on the lookout for misdemeanors ? Obviously not ALL misdemeanors 🤔

Not if it benefits England!!

Arrrggghhhh, out of position, bad kick, missed the tackle Arrrggghhh Smith.

poor Arundal, wants the ball so didn't listen 😅

16 minutes ago, JKD said:

We're not having a great game,,,, Smith isn't looking comfortable in his play, confused even.

Overall it's not a great watch 😟

It's painful,  I realise it's the third place game, but we started so well.

Smith got sat down again,  3 10s on the field and he's at fullback 

Just now, Mice! said:

It's painful,  I realise it's the third place game, but we started so well.

Smith got sat down again,  3 10s on the field and he's at fullback 

He's not a number 15. And Steward's just being wasted on the wing! It's muddled thinking. Really poor game; I'm just waiting for the final whistle so I can go to bed!

11 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

He's not a number 15. And Steward's just being wasted on the wing! It's muddled thinking. Really poor game; I'm just waiting for the final whistle so I can go to bed!

Absolutely,  it's a poor finish to their world cup.

Ref was shocking in the second half, just constant moaning for things to be checked by the Argentine players, all the time, he should have told them to shut up and play some rugby.

Some good play from the England forwards early on, but get players playing in their best positions and playing rugby.

Did Arundell have a run??

19 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Absolutely,  it's a poor finish to their world cup.

Ref was shocking in the second half, just constant moaning for things to be checked by the Argentine players, all the time, he should have told them to shut up and play some rugby.

Some good play from the England forwards early on, but get players playing in their best positions and playing rugby.

Did Arundell have a run??

That just about sums it up. The team is evolving, but we do expect better ?!

6 minutes ago, JKD said:

That just about sums it up. The team is evolving, but we do expect better ?!

I don't think any England fan expected a Semi final, never mind the performance they put in.

But tonight's game showed how much more needs to be done to the squad in depth, players retiring and players coming through, the game just had no structure in the second half, at international level that's just not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

both teams was in the reffs face asking to check things he should have penalised them and said only the captains can ask him 

This was very noticeable and rather annoying, for us viewers and I'd imagine the ref ! What's also noticeable is everything is being checked by the 'video refs' [rugby's version of VAR] during the game, constantly. Yet, certain things are missed, usually quite significant to the games, and other quite trivial things are brought to the attention of the on-field refs, like subtle knock ons, minor incidents that the ref missed or couldn't see. Last night's game was probably the worst of the tournament so far ! Probably why players were asking the ref to check things,,,, because he was weak and had no real authority during the entire match. IMHO of course 🙂

Now for the match tonight,,,, can't wait 😄 It's going to be epic !!! IMO 😁

1 hour ago, JKD said:

Last night's game was probably the worst of the tournament so far ! Probably why players were asking the ref to check things,,,, because he was weak and had no real authority during the entire match. IMHO of course 🙂

Now for the match tonight,,,, can't wait 😄 It's going to be epic !!! IMO 😁

It's like he was trying to be everyone's friend, if he'd just brought the captains together and said that's enough,  shut up and play rugby they might just have got on with it, but the next step is players waving invisible cards like football 🤬

Bring on the final.

This Ref is normally bomb proof, but not tonight,  same with the TMO,  they are killing this game, SA seem like they are staying down to milk penalties.

Deliberately off side from SA to stop the play, just a penalty?

Knock on from Faff, not a pepp from the TMO.

That tackle deemed dangerous?? It was high, so yellow but its not a dangerous tackle, its rugby, at least it used to be. 

Well, that was always going to be a bit scrappy due to the weather conditions. Two teams who cancelled each other out in some parts, but SA were just a bit more physical and up for it. Enjoyable as a final, but not enjoyable to watch, no real atmosphere,,,, IMO 🙂

15 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yeah as finals go, it was hardly a classic. There have been better matches this World Cup than that one!

Congrats to SA.

I did predict an epic final,,,, and I did say I wouldn't make any more predictions 😇😅 I blame the rain and two teams arm wrestling. Hey ho, now that's all over, what are we going to watch in the late evenings ? 🤔😂