RWC it's started 😁

Mice!

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Italy do a runner and don't come back out!

France didn't get the 100 did they, so NZ will aim for that I think, its brutal,  Italy can't do a thing to stop it either.

I think Sean Fitzpatrick is watching a different game 🤷 He just said "it's not that the Italians are playing badly,,,," .... EH ?! 😂

I predict the Italians are going to tire and start inflicting some pain to the opposition 🙈🤕😖😂

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JKD said:

think Sean Fitzpatrick is watching a different game 🤷 He just said "it's not that the Italians are playing badly

I know what he means, the Italians are just totally out matched.

Hang on..... thought they were going for 3 points 😅😅

15 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Just turned on after running a youth group. Good grief. Are Italy being terrible or New Zealand amazing?

Both sort of, Italy never stood a chance,  just non stop relentless pressure from NZ, then the subs came on and they were just as good.

I honestly expected better than that from Italy,  but the Scrum, line outs were all NZ

Clinical. 

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Both sort of, Italy never stood a chance,  just non stop relentless pressure from NZ, then the subs came on and they were just as good.

I honestly expected better than that from Italy,  but the Scrum, line outs were all NZ

Clinical. 

That's the word,,,, clinical. To be kind to Italy, they were poor 🤦

It's hard for me to judge as I only caught the last 12 minutes, but Italy were guilty of serious towel-throwing. They were fine on the ball, but the moment NZ got hold of it, they just rolled over. Even the sides that have got tanked in the world cup didn't actively give up like that. Chile, Namibia and the like got tired, but they stayed professional. Italy were embarrassing.

5 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

It was boring  to watch so I went to bed 🛌 hate games when they  are  that one sided

I know what you mean, but I was on my tod and wondering if they could get the 100.

I've seen a few things like this today, 

Screenshot_20230930-162330_Facebook.jpg.149d80a4e540219d23bd9fc59143086f.jpg

But I didn't see anything similar when France stacked up 96 points and lost Du Point in the process,  NZ can only play the teams in their pool, and I couldn't look away 😅😅

Well it's not exactly buzzing is it?

1049583797_Screenshot_20230930-173738_SamsungInternet.jpg.7c48529bd1bc0217f61250e420121e6a.jpg

Are Fiji spent?? They would have expected to win this with a bonus point, but it's not going to plan. Georgia look good, just making wrongs decisions, final balls not good enough,  and unlucky with that try.

Interesting second half to come.

2 hours ago, JKD said:

Agree,,,, not a high tackle, just a shoulder/armpit grab type thing 🤦

Didn't see any knock-on for the try. I think Fiji have been training next to the golden arches 🍔🍟😲😂 Lethargic and too much expectancy of a win !

It looked to me like he lost control as he was going to ground the ball, but most decisions have gone Fijian way since they were robbed against Wales. 

I watched the last 30 mins of Saints v Warrington this afternoon,  every tackle looked high compared to the one given.

But Georgia did well, just couldn't finish the game off, both teams were exhausted and Fiji will need a big recovery for the next round.

1385119295_Screenshot_20230930-203102_SamsungInternet.jpg.bb58222b6edaf40ad4ab52fa0cd7e40f.jpg

Scotland are going to win this with bonus points, which puts them on equal points with SA, that's going to make IRE v SC very good indeed, but how can Scotland go through if they don't beat IRE??

Scotland won this by half time. Despite the conditions, with a slippery ball, Romania are making Scotland look good.

Scotland need to calm down, keep hold of the ball and just play sensible rugby,,,, then they will get the big score they are after/need.

12 minutes ago, JKD said:

Scotland won this by half time. Despite the conditions, with a slippery ball, Romania are making Scotland look good.

Scotland need to calm down, keep hold of the ball and just play sensible rugby,,,, then they will get the big score they are after/need.

To be fair a lot are the Scotland youngsters,  great their getting a run out, it'll do their confidence a world of good .

And they'll want that nil.

17 minutes ago, Mice! said:

To be fair a lot are the Scotland youngsters,  great their getting a run out, it'll do their confidence a world of good .

And they'll want that nil.

Yup,,,, games like this [with respect to the opposition] should be used as a tester for 'other' team members 👍😄

Three games where Romania have been nulled, I'm sure they must have beaten other teams to qualify?

I liked a comment from the Italian coach, we might not even review it 😅😅 better to just not talk about it.

The commentary teams keep saying these teams need more games and exposure,  how about a second tier six nations? Have them play before the main games?

9 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Can't say I am enjoying this at all, just playing games for the sake of it to get the business end.  There is absolutely no enjoyment in watching totally one sided slaughters.

I'll bet the Scottish lads scoring enjoyed it.

But I don't disagree,  would a team less in each pool work? There's a few teams been seriously whipped,  you don't learn from that.

Commentary said tonight when the clock was in the red ' Romania won't want this to end' I'll bet they couldn't wait for it to end, all I was thinking was if they lose the ball Scotland will score again. 

But I did enjoy watching Scotland playing a running game, not kicking endless high balls,  fast wingers scoring tries, now there's an idea 😅😅

Well I thought Portugal did very well, I only caught bits of the game, but who would have thought there was a chance of Australia getting beaten by them 😳😳 it shows how wrong it is that the Italians have been in the 6 nations for so long and achieved so little.

What a great decision by the English ref just now, head contact but he says not enough for a yellow,  the tackler was on his knee.

I really can't understand all the fuss being made over the tackle height, it's being said it's to protect players, but it's perfectly fine for players to drop their heads and plow forwards into another player or three.

How many players can we see with cut heads, why aren't these players getting sent for HIAs 

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Well I thought Portugal did very well, I only caught bits of the game, but who would have thought there was a chance of Australia getting beaten by them 😳😳 it shows how wrong it is that the Italians have been in the 6 nations for so long and achieved so little.

What a great decision by the English ref just now, head contact but he says not enough for a yellow,  the tackler was on his knee.

I really can't understand all the fuss being made over the tackle height, it's being said it's to protect players, but it's perfectly fine for players to drop their heads and plow forwards into another player or three.

How many players can we see with cut heads, why aren't these players getting sent for HIAs 

Was waiting for you to comment on today's games 🙂

It was great watching Australia struggle against Portugal, who played brilliantly !!!

This SA team look to be holding back Tonga then hitting them on the break 🤷

I do think however, that Tonga will tire quickly in the 2nd half, but I hope I'm proved wrong 🙃

Also and,,,, you're correct with the ref comment. Very sensible decision 👋

33 minutes ago, JKD said:

was great watching Australia struggle against Portugal, who played brilliantly !

Work got in the way, Portugal really did look good at the end, taking Australia on, I might have to watch a re run.

35 minutes ago, JKD said:

This SA team look to be holding back Tonga then hitting them on the break

Yeah there doing enough, that try was just too much class, each time Tonga score SA get one straight away.

Tonga are doing well, it's not going to be a silly score like a few games, but SA are comfy.

37 minutes ago, JKD said:

Also and,,,, you're correct with the ref comment. Very sensible decision 👋

I did think the SA player should have had a yellow, he's tall and made no effort to get low.

And SA score again while I'm typing and watching 😅😅