Mice!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

The commentators were very quick to praise how we improved...but Japan were physically shot by then. We have to improve on so many areas. I reckon the biggest area is dynamism in attack, but as that's not an overnight fix, we're not going to get anywhere in this world cup. Such a poor performance

We'll get out the group at least, but wow that was bad.

I loved that the crowd was booing the kicking, yes they ran it later but its going to be very tough when we start playing better teams.

But two wins and we can only get better 😅

Just now, Mice! said:

We'll get out the group at least, but wow that was bad.

I loved that the crowd was booing the kicking, yes they ran it later but its going to be very tough when we start playing better teams.

But two wins and we can only get better 😅

At least we finished with 15 this time, too. Every cloud and all that.

34 minutes ago, JKD said:

With those little chipped kicks,,,, do you think it was a plan from the head coach that the players daren't deviate from ? 🤔 They kept doing it with no results from them at all 😖

I was half listening to the talk afterwards and Ugo Monye said something about the humidity making the ball handling terrible,  said someone said it was the worst conditions they'd played in so it was easier to defend?? You wouldn't think so when their all catching high balls for fun.

Anyone stay awake to catch what was said?

10 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I was half listening to the talk afterwards and Ugo Monye said something about the humidity making the ball handling terrible,  said someone said it was the worst conditions they'd played in so it was easier to defend?? You wouldn't think so when their all catching high balls for fun.

Nope. But this was mentioned during the match too. I don't buy it as an excuse. England's insistence on a kicking game has to be coached - it's been an obvious tactic for too long and it's independent of the game's conditions. 

It's the instant choice. Get to the 22 and kick to see what might happen, but I think it's because they genuinely don't believe they have the flair to do anything else. There's no spark or unexpectedness. No one pops up in an usual position, there's never a clever pass, or a decoyed run. It's all go through the phases, hit a brick wall and try and open it up with a kick. But it's so expected now it's either covered by a charge down, or the backs are ready to claim the kick.

It's too obvious to work, but we've got nothing else to try, so...roll on next week and more of the same.

31 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Yeah, I saw and heard that too. Poor excuse for poor play IMO 😕 Even the coach said [post match] " they need to adapt if the plan isn't working" or words to that effect 🤦

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

can't comment missed the game was it as poor as you are saying 🤷‍♀️

It was a calamity of errors,  England made the point that Japan kicked a lot which they don't normally do,  but after watching the Aus v Fiji game it was a real let down.

Hard to see what the game plan was or is.

Clive Woodwood said afterwards how well Ford has played and with Farrel back next week Ford should keep the 10 Jersey and he hopes they don't play OF at 12 alongside Ford, so that's probably what they'll do.

Marcus Smith looked decent when he came on, because he ran at the Japanese,  but they were tired by that point.

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Just had a look at the pools and who gets who, England should now top group D which means playing the runners up of C, which could be Wales, Australia or Fiji 😳😳

I'd take Wales of those three.

This is on the BBC page. Was Japan really the best we've been? If that's true, we really are rubbish!
image.png.771739901d973f37f9bf388bcdbab72d.png

25 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I'd take Wales of those three.

This is on the BBC page. Was Japan really the best we've been? If that's true, we really are rubbish!
image.png.771739901d973f37f9bf388bcdbab72d.png

Oh that's funny, against Argentina last week we looked controlled, confident and organised,  yesterday I'd say we got away with it 😅😅

No doubt the game against Chile will be a cricket score and show nothing, but its two games to get something going ahead of the quarter final.

9 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Why is every rule strictly adhered to except the scrum half feeding the ball into the second row or to the number 8, why are there Hookers in the game it is farcical.

I thought this was one area the WRU was going to look at in this world cup i suppose if the reff aint looking then it will carry on i myself think the reffs don't care so  long as there is not a reset.    it pains me to say the scrums are becoming a pain within the game so much time lost with resets 

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

I thought this was one area the WRU was going to look at in this world cup i suppose if the reff aint looking then it will carry on i myself think the reffs don't care so  long as there is not a reset.    it pains me to say the scrums are becoming a pain within the game so much time lost with resets 

Yeah, we get fewer resets than we were seeing 10 years ago, but the scrum must be a nightmare to police, because it's so technical and the other infringements often really subtle. You need to be using your height to check the scrum's not wheeling, but also low down to see the ball's going in straight. You must be paying attention to the binds on both sides, the shoulder position both sides, knees elbows, whether one team's driving straight or if the other team is buckling. Something's inevitably going to get missed and it's always the put-in.

They should take it away from the on-field ref, like cricket's done with no-balls. If the TMO's got a camera to check, then all it takes is a quick buzz in the year and the team gets pinged. Free-kick to the other team and you're away. That way the ref can focus on with the more nuanced infringements in the scrum

6 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Scrums have always been an issue in Union, watch league and you'll wonder what happened. 

It was nice to see a ref give a penalty for the scrum collapsing then change his mind because the turf had come up again. 

I don't worry about the feed, I just want them to get on with it, crouch, touch, bla bla bla it all takes far too long because everyone is massive and if you get it wrong then you're getting hurt.

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Scrums have always been an issue in Union, watch league and you'll wonder what happened. 

It was nice to see a ref give a penalty for the scrum collapsing then change his mind because the turf had come up again. 

I don't worry about the feed, I just want them to get on with it, crouch, touch, bla bla bla it all takes far too long because everyone is massive and if you get it wrong then you're getting hurt.

In my day it was get down it wheeled all over the place the second row would kick the hooker on the opposition straight in the chops so long as the ball would come out result 🤣 

11 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

In my day it was get down it wheeled all over the place the second row would kick the hooker on the opposition straight in the chops so long as the ball would come out result 🤣 

Right lads, we're losing so at the next scrum it's kicking off and we'll get the game abandoned 😭😭 is how I remember the formative years 😅😅