Wildfowling in Falkirk area ( skinflats)

TheGeek

36 minutes ago, edenman said:

Try the East of Scotland Wildfowlers if they are still on the go they may be able to help.

Thanks, I'll have a check, alas however, I've not really found wildfowling groups to be particularly forthcoming with info in the past.

I did have a guy localish to me who offered to take me down and point some good places out to me, but unfortunately we lost touch and I haven't been able to get a hold of him 🙄

Would be good though as Tyningham is a bit of a trek 😆

1 minute ago, edenman said:

I think you will still find this holds true unfortunately.

I sort of get it, but on the other hand, doesn't make it particularly easy for newcomers to approach wildfowling.

Normally I'd just go out scouting about myself to see where the fowlers are, but not sure where to even start down there 🤷‍♀️

I'd be happy with a google map with pins saying park here, check here on it 😆 at least I'd have somewhere to start.

• 1 month later...

I live just west of Stirling and and i'm keen to find out more too. I spoke with a member of ESAWC but he didn't have much info, his knowledge was more on the Tay but he did say they don't actually have any owned/leased ground they just are a collective for shooters

A colleague tells me there is a council permit along the forth coastline but you need to apply early in the year so doesn't help with getting out on the shore this season. 

I moved up 2 years ago and must say it was a lot easier being a member of a club in England! 

11 hours ago, Pushandpull said:

There used to be an Upper Forth club - someone must know. Try BASC Scotland although they don't seem to be so wildfowling oriented since Donny and now Colin have retired.

From all I can tell the Upper Forth club folded a while back, have reached out to BASC so let's see what they come back with.

10 minutes ago, studley said:

I live just west of Stirling and and i'm keen to find out more too. I spoke with a member of ESAWC but he didn't have much info, his knowledge was more on the Tay but he did say they don't actually have any owned/leased ground they just are a collective for shooters

A colleague tells me there is a council permit along the forth coastline but you need to apply early in the year so doesn't help with getting out on the shore this season. 

I moved up 2 years ago and must say it was a lot easier being a member of a club in England! 

I haven't heard of a permit scheme on the Forth, who would manage that? As surely it falls under multiple councils. I got recommended to try the ESAWC Facebook page, and I think I might need to resort to that, but I don't use Facebook, so guess I'll need an account.

Hi TheGeek, I'm new to Wildfowling and also west if Stirling. I've been popping down to Torryburn, got one pink foot and ready for more. Ideally want a Canada this year 

Happy to chat on email or WhatsApp. I'm thinking of heading out in the morning 0600... if I don't sleep in! gingermclean@hotmail.com

3 minutes ago, moongeese said:

Speaking to a wildfowler yesterday that shoots in this area, was telling me the area near the Kincardine bridge where people used to park, is now a building site, with the new bridge work, making thigs even harder to get a parking place. 

Thanks for that info, someone else pointed me in that direction, so looks like I'll cross it off 🤣

Joined the east of Scotland FB group the other day after reopening my account. Will give them an ask this week hopefully.

Geek

I get the view about naming places but if ppl don't get out and Wildfowl then there's nobody to fight our side. Not sure about council banning it, crown land and its not illegal.

There's signs in Torryburn explaining wildfowling in an effort to reduce the 999 calls. No secret its been used for 200 years 

Wish people would share more places to go and grow the community 

Edited by GingerAl

On 25/11/2023 at 17:19, GingerAl said:

I get the view about naming places but if ppl don't get out and Wildfowl then there's nobody to fight our side. Not sure about council banning it, crown land and its not illegal.

There's signs in Torryburn explaining wildfowling in an effort to reduce the 999 calls. No secret its been used for 200 years 

Wish people would share more places to go and grow the community 

Its an LNR hence wildfowling could be banned or restricted very easily. Its flown well below the radar and naming on a forum is ******* stupid. Anyone that has been wildfowling for any length of time will be able to tell you of lots of places that have been lost or silly restrictions introduced.

Edited by guy baxendale