living the dream

ditchman

34 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Them ole plates are getting plenty of use , do you manage to have time to walk the calories off :hmm:

i only eat once/day...i dont snack.....ok i have a fat tum...but it never got any worse...dont eat pastries ....pies...bread...biscuits...crisps....sweets,,,mars bars...pasties.......its them things that fattern you up

On 12/10/2023 at 14:11, ditchman said:

finer food par excellance..................chips were the chunky type odd the eat now or die shelf....youngs scampi....2/3rds on the plate the other 1/3rd i will have as a snack for tea with a sweet chili and sota sauce dip..

P1000892yum.jpg

P1000891yum.jpg

Nice ditchman 👌 What's the white accompaniment ? Mayo..?

You can't go wrong with Young's Scampi..!

PS I tried a couple of the Scampi that the Missus got me. I threw them in the air fryer which some fish fingers I was making for the kids. They have a batter rather than a breadcrumb and did not brown so well, but were really good with nice big chunks of DBP's/Lango's...!

I will deep fry them the next time. Incidentally how did you cook yours..? Deep fried,airfryer or oven..?

7 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Well that explains why my local Lidl and Aldi have discontinued them. Ocean-Sea  was the brand and they were every bit as good as Young's.

Edited by SuperGoose75

2 minutes ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Nice ditchman 👌 What's the white accompaniment ? Mayo..?

You can't go wrong with Young's Scampi..!

PS I tried a couple of the Scampi that the Missus got me. I threw them in the air fryer which some fish fingers I was making for the kids. They have a batter rather than a breadcrumb and did not brown so well, but were really good with nice big chunks of DBP's/Lango's...!

I will deep fry them the next time. Incidentally how did you cook yours..? Deep fried,airfryer or oven..?

Well that explains why my local Lidl and Aldi have discontinued them. Ocean-Sea  was the brand and they were every bit as good as Young's.

i normaly use tatare sauce....but i had a packet of designer crisps the other day and it left me with a load of little cuts in my mouth.....so i thought i would use Hellmans....which actually was better as the taste didnt over power the scampi.....

those chunky chips are certainly the way to go

44 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i normaly use tatare sauce....but i had a packet of designer crisps the other day and it left me with a load of little cuts in my mouth.....so i thought i would use Hellmans....which actually was better as the taste didnt over power the scampi.....

those chunky chips are certainly the way to go

I'm a big fan of Hellmans and sometimes if out of tartare will use mayo and ketchup to make a basic seafood sauce.👍

22 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

👍

21 hours ago, ditchman said:

me too...........i also make a burger sauce with Hellmans and Lee&Perrins....try it :good:

Like so..! I make a homemade double smash burger with a sauce made from mayo,dijon mustard,hot sauce and the pickling juice from jarred gherkins.

Just had the rest of the bag of Scampi there..! Deep fried in dripping and probably the best Scampi I've ever eaten. At a fiver a bag it seems expensive, but I counted 20 pieces and the two I done in the air fryer the other evening makes it 22 pieces with big chunks of Scampi. Superior Scampi indeed. 

Screenshot_20231014_180125_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_180131_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_180138_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_180155_Gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

Try lidl steak cut chips,  they are excellent. 

i will have a go.................lidl are supposed to be opening another 500 stores ...so im told..

17 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

👍

Like so..! I make a homemade double smash burger with a sauce made from mayo,dijon mustard,hot sauce and the pickling juice from jarred gherkins.

Just had the rest of the bag of Scampi there..! Deep fried in dripping and probably the best Scampi I've ever eaten. At a fiver a bag it seems expensive, but I counted 20 pieces and the two I done in the air fryer the other evening makes it 22 pieces with big chunks of Scampi. Superior Scampi indeed. 

Screenshot_20231014_180125_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_180131_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_180138_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_180155_Gallery.jpg

those deep fried scampi look just the job :good: