Coniston Shooting Ground

Agriv8

Just a nod to say the new lad who has taken over the running of the ground actually walks down the wood and is slowly turning the place round. 

more stand changes ( layouts) in the last 4 weeks than the last 4 months!

a few stands have had me swearing and scratching my head but it’s local and we have a good crack.

fingers crossed the changes and improvements keep coming ( definitely less no birds on the 150 we shot last Sunday )

Well worth a visit if you want to be pheasant ready - I will be swapping clay buster for 16 bore side by side or 12 bore game gun this weekend

Agriv8

Edited by Agriv8

I posted on another forum and f/book about the improvements at Coniston now that it has James as the new manager.

Shooters who left are now coming back as the attitude has totally changed, the staff are now happy and smiling, layouts are changed at least once a month, there is a new chef now with better food, more choice and made with tasty local produce.

Totally different atmosphere now.😀

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Nice ground with Skeet and DTL, but the Sporting layout was poor. Glad to hear it has improved.

It’s improving slowly stand by stand place is looking tidier week on week !

the statement is they will change min of one sporting stand every 1 to 2 weeks 

they know have two sport trap stands challenging and very challenging!

I will keep the updates comming if the interest is there !

regards Agriv8

8 minutes ago, BlaserF3 said:

I posted on another forum and f/book about the improvements at Coniston now that it has James as the new manager.

Shooters who left are now coming back as the attitude has totally changed, the staff are now happy and smiling, layouts are changed at least once a month, there is a new chef now with better food, more choice and made with tasty local produce.

Totally different atmosphere now.😀

Thanks blazer f3 I have been trying to remember James name for the last 12 hours 

seeing James out of the office checking traps and walking around was fantastic we mentioned a problem trap and he smiled thanked us and went off to get it sorted!

i shoot up there most Sundays with a few friends. 

Will be starting to get pheasant ready this weekend!

Agriv8

Pleased to hear it’s on the up! 
We were there just at the start of covid;  in fact we were sitting in the clubhouse having a brew when mate received a call telling him he was furloughed. 
Was disappointed with the sporting layout, but really enjoyed the sport-trap layout, DTL and did the ‘grouse butt’ with my trap gun, which was exhilarating! 
Like I say, pleased it’s getting to be popular again. 👍