EDF for goodness sake.

oowee

12 tears ago I used EDF for electric. My bill went to my neighbour for two years. After two years I realised I was not paying and asked for my bill. Nothing happened and after complaints on complaints my £1k + bill was written off and I received £300 comp. No worries. 

Two months ago I get a bill from EDF referring to a debt of £103. The address is a mix of mine and my neighbours details.   No details just a bill followed by a threat of legal action and visit to my house 🤣 I complain to everyone including the ombudsman.

Today'a e mail:  

I have looked at your account and the main supply meter left us on 5 August 2013, however, there appears to have been a further meter on site; meter S06H80004 an off-peak meter which although it has been removed from the national database, has not been removed from our accounts system.  I can only apologise for this, and I have today requested with our metering team that this meter is removed as soon as possible.

Once again, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and stress this has caused but please leave this with me and I will be back to you as soon as the meter has been removed from the system.

How can they still be in business? 

3 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Well my Gas Meter stops recording usage around October and kicks back in in March, I have tried to report it to Scottish Power but it is impossible to talk to anyone so I will stick with free Gas.  

Is that because of the huge magnet that you put next to it, each October?

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Beggars belief, doesn't it.

Nope, called being astute, our morons gave away all control of utilities to others in the name of competition being good for us?

Guess what, others see the gross stupidity and buy it up in the knowledge that you can't drink oil and the ability to plunder household budgets for cash is a brilliant thing?

Game, set and match?