FORD TIME WASTERS

DUNKS

Got a faulty drivers side windscreen washer jet on my Kuga. These are prone to fault, over engineered there is a none return valve in the jet which fails "often" As I have Platinum warranty I decided to let the Ford main agent fix it under warranty! The jet unit costs £40. and a ten minute job. "plug in" The garage wants to collect my motor and leave me a courtesy car for the day, then return it having done a Diagnostic assessment! Then I have to go through the whole thing again to get the repair done. What a total waste of time and effort they could send a junior fitter out to fix it in my drive, or give me the replacement unit and I could do it myself. No wonder Ford main agents servicing prices are so high.

For a long time now I've referred to dealerships as "stealerships" they rob you blind and most of their people barely qualify as a mechanic... Notice they refer to them as "Ford technicians" and not a mechanic or fitter.

Their diagnostic assessment will go through your whole car and inform you that you have repairs due that will cost you hundreds and they will ask should they go ahead and do it while the car is in with them. This happened to my brother when his car went in to have a recall sorted out... all of a sudden he had an email telling him he needed urgent repairs... brakes needed done all around and 4 new tyres plus the MAF sensor cleaned(that alone quoted and 320quid!).

The brakes had new pads 6 months before the recall and the tyres had at least a year left in them.  They got told to eff off!

Wife had this from a main dealer, telling her she had two front tyres barely legal and requiring urgent replacement. I queried a second opinion from my MOT friend who said there are years of life left in them yet. I renewed the tyres fifteen months later before the next MOT and both were still way more than legal.

8 minutes ago, London Best said:

Wife had this from a main dealer, telling her she had two front tyres barely legal and requiring urgent replacement. I queried a second opinion from my MOT friend who said there are years of life left in them yet. I renewed the tyres fifteen months later before the next MOT and both were still way more than legal.

My MoT tests are yearly, at best I can push it to all but 13 months, how are you working the system?

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

My MoT tests are yearly, at best I can push it to all but 13 months, how are you working the system?

The main dealer did the unnecessary diagnostic walk round in March. I was talking to my MOT friend afterwards and he had a look and gave his opinion. 
The MOT was due in June, tyres all good, so the next one was 15 months after the clever **** dealer tried to sell us some tyres.

When I bought my recent car off a main dealer they were going to put on a new M O T as the old one didn't have that long to go and any car under six months M O T then they put a full one on before you collect it , we arranged a day for collection and they said the M O T was done but they noticed a parking sensor warning came on so they would try and get it sorted out the next day so I left it there till the next day , the next day I rang them and they said they had looked at it and it might have to go back at the Vauxhall main dealer as they couldn't do it , so I got my car and a day was booked in for the Vauxhall dealer to sort it out , booked a date and took it in to the one I bought it off and after dinner they rang up and said it need a new sensor and can I book it in again to have one of there garage blokes to do it , so it is again booked in for this Thursday and they will be told enough is enough and I certainly won't bring it back again for what should be a minor job , with the messing about when I bought the car I rang them up and cancelled the two year extended warranty which was £600 , I haven't left my feedback yet and if I get messed about again after this Thursday my feedback won't be very nice reading .

Never again buying Ford, I say this as I had  a 35 months old  fiesta, got a funny rattle in the  engine, took it down to them told to leave it with them, 10 o'clock, went back at 4 o'clock and they had not even looked at it, the woman on service reception was just interested in telling me there was a charge for diagnosis £69.00+ vat,which I had not paid, if it was a warranty clame I'd get the money back,(but me car) , I'd like to know if its safe to drive around I say, she then says she can book it in for the end of next week but I must pay up front for the diagnosis, I pointed out I purchased the car of yourselfs and could you not be a little more understanding? Which she replies, well your go goes doesn't it? ?  A few days latter it was written of buy white van man, he excepts full responsibility, 12mths later, letters emails and phone calls ect nothing sorted, ended up claiming of our own insurance and still fighting the case, from Jan 22. Welcome to UK driving.