Opinions on Fabarm Axis RS12

Red696

Had my 4th go on the clays (DTL today) and I now know it is something I want to do properly, which means I need better kit than the Laurona Eibar magnum.

I’ve set myself a budget of £1k and have looked at hundreds of reviews & youtube vids over the last few weeks.  I keep coming back to the Fabarm due to the ‘steel’ future proofed nature of the gun, but would appreciate some feedback from anyone who owns or has owned one.  The good, the bad and the alternatives…

I had a Fabarm Elos 20 bore - like yourself read/looked at all the reviews and was impressed enough to buy one. Build quality and finish 9/10 but I found the gun "clumsy" to  shoot. Obviously not the guns fault - it simply was not for me as t didn't fit. Extremely high 1630 bar so big cartridges allowed! 

I bought a new one about 18 months ago for my youngest to share with my grandson. I shot it a couple of times. It was extremely well made, with truly excellent trigger pulls. I could not fault it, but I already had my favourite gun, which i have had for 11 years, so I didn't use it much. My lad has got back into trials bikes and my grandson is pumping iron and boxing, so I sold it. They are a lot of gun for the money and compare well to guns costing double.

For a grand, you will struggle to get a better gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get to a local gunshop today to try one of these for size.  Lovely looking piece of kit but sadly I don’t fit them.  

It was the adjustable stock, comb over to the right and lowest setting, and with the trigger in the rear most position I could not get a good fit or sight down the rib.  Just looked like a ski ramp rising in front of my eyes with 2 beads on it , couldn’t figure it out 🤷🏼‍♂️

So one more crossed off the list.

5 minutes ago, Red696 said:

Managed to get to a local gunshop today to try one of these for size.  Lovely looking piece of kit but sadly I don’t fit them.  

It was the adjustable stock, comb over to the right and lowest setting, and with the trigger in the rear most position I could not get a good fit or sight down the rib.  Just looked like a ski ramp rising in front of my eyes with 2 beads on it , couldn’t figure it out 🤷🏼‍♂️

So one more crossed off the list.

I know this will not be what you want to hear, but I am trying to help.

You need to realise that it is almost impossible to fit a shotgun to a beginner who has only done as little shooting as yourself, even for a top professional gun fitter. Stick with what you have or something cheap until you have a consistent mount and can actually shoot reasonably well. And I don’t think just a few months is long enough for this process. Give it a couple of years at least and then get the gun you want professionally fitted by someone who really knows what he is doing. 

27 minutes ago, London Best said:

I know this will not be what you want to hear, but I am trying to help.

You need to realise that it is almost impossible to fit a shotgun to a beginner who has only done as little shooting as yourself, even for a top professional gun fitter. Stick with what you have or something cheap until you have a consistent mount and can actually shoot reasonably well. And I don’t think just a few months is long enough for this process. Give it a couple of years at least and then get the gun you want professionally fitted by someone who really knows what he is doing. 

This.