Anschutz 1517 or 1717?

keeper96

4 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Both have great build quality and superb triggers, the 1717 was heavier and like I say I didn't like the flag safety on it.  Try and handle an HW66 also their build is second to none.

I have fancied the hw range but there’s none in auction at the minute haha, I’m too tight to pay real prices 😂

57 minutes ago, keeper96 said:

I have fancied the hw range but there’s none in auction at the minute haha, I’m too tight to pay real prices 😂

🤣.  The 1717 uses a 54 action and the 1517 a 64 action.  The 1717 was quite a bit more expensive new then the 1517, I bought mine second hand.  If you don't mind the flag safety I would buy the one that looks the least used.  Have a look at the 1727F on Guntrader, a lovely thing but 2k!

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Depends on your point of view, how you value things, finances, etc.
It seems most on PW think that is an obscene amount to spend on a shotgun.

It’s a funny thing because I’d spend that and more on some shotguns if I could but I view my rifles purely as tools haha 

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/11/2023 at 14:05, keeper96 said:

It’s a funny thing because I’d spend that and more on some shotguns if I could but I view my rifles purely as tools haha 

People buy blaser as a tool... So depends where your price point is I guess ...

I have the 1517 bought it fully loaded with scope and decent over barrel mod and spartan bipod. And is my goto bunny tool and also for foxes when cf is not an option.

Edited by ShootingEgg