Atec moderator

ShootingEgg

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/11/2023 at 00:11, scarecrow243 said:

a moderator on a .243 etc is still loud for the shooter they only work at distance  for instance  say at 300 yards the noise would be louder without the moderator its different with .22lr subsonic ammo the moderator does make a difference for the shooter

here is my moderator on my .243

winchester .243 mod.jpg

Issue is that on my 270 the wildcat Evo makes it quiet for me. The A-tec just does not seem to do anything. Been out and on a permission and a mate of mine has text ( easily 2 miles away on his farm ) asking if I hit it!! 

On 08/12/2023 at 20:46, Rst1990 said:

Have used a tec mods twice one for a 223 and another for rimfire. Will never buy another.

Yeah I had one on my hmr and it failed. My main groan is having to mess around with a variation. Faff of sending it in etc then having to wait

I have one on .223 and on .243 no prob's. The .223 as you would expect is relatively quiet and I notice the sound level difference if I use the .243 at night after having used the .223.. Other than that its fine. Have you changed the mod? What are you comparing it with? 

17 hours ago, oowee said:

I have one on .223 and on .243 no prob's. The .223 as you would expect is relatively quiet and I notice the sound level difference if I use the .243 at night after having used the .223.. Other than that its fine. Have you changed the mod? What are you comparing it with? 

It honestly sounds un moderated. My 270 with the wildcat on it is quieter. Most people I've shot with have made comment on how loud it is