D.I.Y EAR DEFENDERS.

Westley

4 minutes ago, Westley said:

Has anyone experience of making and using any of the 'mould to fit' hearing defence  ?  The type that you put into hot water then push into your ear to mould to shape. Were they easy to make, but more importantly,  do they work  ? Thanks. W.

Yes I did for DTL Just don’t over boil them mine after I slowly moulded them into my Lugs are great for the price 

21 hours ago, Westley said:

That is excellent,  thank you. We are shooting tomorrow,  I shall pass on this information and he can order some. Thank you for taking time to reply. W.

5 hours ago, Mr.C said:

Will be looking into those, another thanks for the info. 

No problem I use these for 100 bird DTL And there fine Just do would I normally don’t and read the instructions lol They come with 3 different sizes of inner plugs which suits to fit 

I showed my Grandson today. There is also an excellent 'how to' video on YouTube.  He is ordering some this week. He was on a 'high' today,  he shot 49 ex 60 with his 'new' gun  ! His younger Brother was not too far behind him either. Their scores are catching me up.  😄

Well done to your grandsons.

But, I used to have a pair of the Decibullz; honestly I don’t think they attenuate enough for clays. I could definitely “feel it” after 50 birds. I would suggest either sticking to over-ear cans or stumping up for at the very least some in ear 3M peltors if not custom moulded plugs, if they find over-ears cumbersome.

Hearing is too precious to risk. 

8 hours ago, Westley said:

I know gunfit is not an issue, just the defenders smacking the stock.

I could never use cans, and I shot for nearly five decades with guns which “fit” me pretty well (self “fitted”). Until I bought my current game gun. The moment I picked it up the fit was a revelation, subsequently confirmed by H&H at Northolt. Cans never clatter the stock when I use that gun. 
So, maybe look again at his gun fit? Maybe he is having to lay his head over just a little too much, rather than being able to shoot with his head more upright?