Heavy blue dot lead loads

2 hours ago, Jimbo yorks said:

Does anyone have load data for 2 3/4 or 3" lead loads using blue dot and cheddite cases.

Looking 36 - 40 gram

I've got a tub of alliant blue dot to use up, thought I'd maybe make some nice goose loads for Scotland.

Cheers

Why not buy some shells and sell me the Blue Dot? 😂😂 But, if you must use it I might have some data from old Alan Myers catalogues if you pm your email.

On 28/11/2023 at 15:40, Jimbo yorks said:

Does anyone have load data for 2 3/4 or 3" lead loads using blue dot and cheddite cases.

Looking 36 - 40 gram

I've got a tub of alliant blue dot to use up, thought I'd maybe make some nice goose loads for Scotland.

Cheers

Lymans has data for 39grams in Federal Gold Medal with Win 209. Almost identical to Cheddite and CX2000. Drop me a PM if you want it.

1 minute ago, Bernard said:

Lymans has data for 39grams in Federal Gold Medal with Win 209. Almost identical to Cheddite and CX2000. Drop me a PM if you want it.

And 42.5gram load data

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Thanks Bernard, for some reason I thought they were light 10 g loads. Wishful thinking.😄 Don't mean to derail op

I think your best bet is the Parker Shotgun Forum in the US. They have a dedicated page for 10Ga short 2 7/8” loads. Theshotgunscientists channel on YouTube reference a tested load from there with 40grns BlueDot, 1&5/8oz buffered lead load at 8110psi and 1275fps. I’m sure you’d find what you’re after or at least a very good starting point.

12 hours ago, Bernard said:

I think your best bet is the Parker Shotgun Forum in the US. They have a dedicated page for 10Ga short 2 7/8” loads. Theshotgunscientists channel on YouTube reference a tested load from there with 40grns BlueDot, 1&5/8oz buffered lead load at 8110psi and 1275fps. I’m sure you’d find what you’re after or at least a very good starting point.

Thanks for that Bernard, I will have a good look

• 2 weeks later...