Picking up today

Dougy

Brilliant day again, made better with the decent frost, hard ground so easy walking decent bird count too. Bloody good shooting from some of the guns felt sorry for one of the guns birds coming from left to right and the gun to the right had very few to shoot. 

I took this shot as i though it was just a bit different. 

20231129_142750.jpg

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

I was out too in about -4. Opposite end of the Queensbury Estate to the IGL Retriever Championship. Fabulous to be out and sorry the photo is orientated wrong way! Was up in the hills for the last partridge drive and had our first snow flurries of the winter.

IMG_20231129_121945_resized_20231129_093621667.jpeg

Our 2 could only dream of that standard now..

Lack of out of season training due to injury has taken its toll. 

Sent one on a strong runner that he picked up ok, but swapped shortly after for a dead one. Little swine. 

On 29/11/2023 at 13:06, Dougy said:

Brilliant day again, made better with the decent frost, hard ground so easy walking decent bird count too. Bloody good shooting from some of the guns felt sorry for one of the guns birds coming from left to right and the gun to the right had very few to shoot. 

I took this shot as i though it was just a bit different. 

20231129_142750.jpg

Nice perspective..

Lovely picture. 

I had a cracking day on Saturday as guest on a shoot at Bath. It was lovely in the frost which stayed all day. Would have been better with some sun instead of the mist but still great to be out. What a contrast yesterday everything here now flooded. 

Edited by oowee

• 1 month later...

Here is mine last gossip at the end of a season !

I liked the fact that they we all sat in the sun. My old man is in there and another reason the photo was taken as not sure how many years he will keep going but he lives to hobble about and flank in and ensure we are aware of the shots to bag ratio !

he saw me drop one which was good while stood with my youngest !

ATB Agriv8

IMG_2773.jpeg

Edited by Agriv8